C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Thinking about supercharging your LT1/LT4? Think fast or think again...

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2020, 05:44 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,475 Likes on 2,814 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
My dislike for the C4 is purely from a working on it standpoint btw, they are difficult, and my opti spark would fail constantly leaving me broke down, and tuning is just too antiquated.

So don't get all worked up over a sentence, I like a C4 Grand Sport as much as the next guy, but it needs a torque storm computer in it to get me to like it better.
If you can't get an opti running reliably and think working on a C4 with its giant hood opening... Well I just hope you're better at superchargers than basic upkeep.
Old 03-01-2024, 04:13 PM
HarborD
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo

Originally Posted by POLOVETTE 94
Yes, call Greg at Blowerworks. He knows his stuff, and will have all the answers you need. I've never had a parts availability issue with him, as he actually makes many of his parts. He is not just a catalog salesman of other people's parts. And my supercharged 94 has been quite reliable, and while I haven't had it dynoed, it makes more than enough power. Enough to crack into the 10s and still have cold A/C and all other creature comforts. I've considered giving up and going with a newer platform, but I'd rather have something rare and unique, than whatever every guy with a big checkbook can go buy this year.

I know this is an older post But you did a beautiful job on your car, it looks damn good to me. Just how much better does it run than stock, was it much worth the money and work,? I have a 92 Polo Green, base, LT1, 6spd I've been considering doing the same. Right now im changing out the Opti,, what brand is your advise on that,? Thanks ,,
Old 03-02-2024, 06:04 AM
POLOVETTE 94
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts
Co-winner 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified

Originally Posted by HarborD
I know this is an older post But you did a beautiful job on your car, it looks damn good to me. Just how much better does it run than stock, was it much worth the money and work,? I have a 92 Polo Green, base, LT1, 6spd I've been considering doing the same. Right now im changing out the Opti,, what brand is your advise on that,? Thanks ,,
Well, it gets to 100 in the 1/8 mile...when it was stock it got to 100 in the 1/4 mile. I haven't been to the track in forever, but it should be about 10.70 at 130. Stock was 13.90 at 100. So yes, it's much faster and more powerful. The opti is a stock one. It's only there for the signal, no high voltage goes through it. I have an aftermarket Ignition system from Delteq. They no longer make it or are in business. And last I heard, Greg was selling or had sold his business. I haven't contacted him in a couple years. If you want to do it right, it not only is gonna take a lot of money and time, but parts availability and product support are dwindling..
Old 03-02-2024, 08:33 AM
RVY
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Once upon a time my stock '93 with a Vortech unit put out 411 rwhp. Playing with it raised output to 435 rwhp. It was an enjoyable street machine.
Old 03-02-2024, 08:56 AM
RVY
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

NEVER REALIZED THIS POST WAS SO OLD.
None the less, me and my 93 C4 retired to Florida 17 years ago. Final dyno results were 595 rwhp with a 700 r4 tranny. ZF6 cars were hitting 610 rwhp.
My foolish error in judgement was keeping the 700r4. First and second gear were useless. However, when I hit 3rd gear , I had one hell of a ride.

Enjoy Life. It seems to end mush too fast!

RVY

Quick Reply: Thinking about supercharging your LT1/LT4? Think fast or think again...