C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

85 Dashboard Pad

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2002, 11:50 PM
vettelover1985
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 Dashboard Pad

Just had the heater core replaced in my 85 Coupe. The mechanic said it will be a long time before he does another one of those again.

Anyway, while removing the dash pad he damaged it by putting two small punctures on the top surface near the middle. The are about an 1" long each. The dash was in excellent condition (no cracking, drying out, discoloration). I am hoping that it won't have to be replaced...is there any way that the vinyl can be repaired to look original again?

Old 11-14-2002, 02:39 AM
Ron78Z&66Vette
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Re: 85 Dashboard Pad (vettelover1985)

He IS going to pay to repair the damage that HE caused right :confused: ? Call some good, reputable car lots and see who they use to take care of minor interior damage. When I say "good" think places that specialize in "high dollar" (Lexus, Jaguar, BMW etc.) cars.....go for the "snob factor". These guys are more likely to get one of their cars repaired right when they're prepping to sell it as opposed to some dealer prepping a Cavalier or Focus for sale.
A good detail place can do some really amazing stuff.
Old 11-14-2002, 03:27 AM
CentralCoaster
Team Owner

Location: San Diego , CA Double Yellow DirtBags 1985..Z51..6-speed
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: 85 Dashboard Pad (vettelover1985)

It'll cost him $100 to replace it, plus labor and risk of screwing it up (again). If I were you, I'd rather have some freebie parts or mods than a perfect dashboard. Maybe you should cut a deal with him, and get some other sort of reimbursement. That is, if you can bear the eye-sore.

Get notified of new replies

To 85 Dashboard Pad

Quick Reply: 85 Dashboard Pad