C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1984 Corvette parasitic draw (CRTSY FUSE)

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2019, 01:33 PM
jaydaug2008
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1984 Corvette parasitic draw (CRTSY FUSE)

Hey fellas I have a 1984 corvette and if I pull the crtsy fuse it's fine but when I install it It drains the battery very slowly..Takes maybe 3 or 4 days to draw the battery to 11.5 volts or so..I have no radio in the car no interior lights are on...So lost and was wondering if this is a common problem with the C4..Any leads to start would be great Thanks!!!
Old 02-23-2019, 05:15 PM
Mike Shaub
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you disconnect the alarm module yet?
Light delay timer? You can wire the lights without it . Personally is rather not have lights turn on when I get in.
Old 02-23-2019, 10:03 PM
Hot Rod Roy
Safety Car

Received 536 Likes on 453 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Shaub
Personally, I'd rather not have lights turn on when I get in.
Welcome to the Forum, Mike! Personally, I'd rather have a Corvette that works like it should.

Jay, there's a lot of stuff on that CTSY fuse. Is there anything on the car that doesn't work right? That is sometimes a clue. Do you still have the Bose amps in the car? I know you said it doesn't have a radio. Common problems: Horn button/relay, console/glove box lamp, vanity mirror lamp, under-hood lamps, power antenna, key warning/headlights-on buzzer.

Old 02-27-2019, 04:37 PM
jadedvette
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The problem with most corvettes is they sit all winter. When things don't get used, the relays tend to stick. A sticking relay will slowly run a battery down. Just a place to start. Good luck, Joe
Old 03-01-2019, 09:38 PM
playsdixie
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot Rod Roy
Welcome to the Forum, Mike! Personally, I'd rather have a Corvette that works like it should.

Jay, there's a lot of stuff on that CTSY fuse. Is there anything on the car that doesn't work right? That is sometimes a clue. Do you still have the Bose amps in the car? I know you said it doesn't have a radio. Common problems: Horn button/relay, console/glove box lamp, vanity mirror lamp, under-hood lamps, power antenna, key warning/headlights-on buzzer.

don't forget the spare tire light.....

Get notified of new replies

To 1984 Corvette parasitic draw (CRTSY FUSE)

Quick Reply: 1984 Corvette parasitic draw (CRTSY FUSE)