C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

93 LT1 Service ASR with DTC 65

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 12:09 PM
jph46
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Default 93 LT1 Service ASR with DTC 65

​​​​Good morning....93 coupe with an intermittent "Service ASR". The warning light pops on and clears when shut off. DTC 65 sets. I do have the FSM, but don't have the breakout box or adapter. FSM says to check for short in circuit. Question: can I use a digital multimeter to locate a short between pins on EBTCM connector to connector on Adjuster assembly?

Or is this a job for a professional? I'm planning on inspecting the cables visually, to see if anything look's corroded.
Thanks and a Happy Vets Day to all who served.
Proud Air Force Vet. 66-70
Old 11-20-2018, 10:06 AM
94c4er
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This link will show you how to adjust the ASR Cables should you need to replace the ASR unit. I used a multimeter to check all the wires from the ABS Pump to the front of the car. I bought a breakout box and found it easier to use the multimeter, I did not find a short however I had a code 66 and replaced the unit with a used one from ebay for $40. I had additional problems with the ABS Pump as the motor was bad and also replaced it. Just make sure you are looking at the correct pin numbers as pin #1 is actually the top right pin on the cable because the EBTCM is turned around when it is mounted in the car.Therefore the top right is pin #1 the middle right is pin #20 and bottom right is pin #38 on the cable connector. My FSM picture shows pins bottom right #1, middle right #20, and top right #38 and pins bottom left #19, middle left #37, and top left #55 but the unit is turned around when mounted. (Row 1-19 has 19 pins while the other two rows have 18 pins.)
The following users liked this post:
jph46 (11-22-2018)

Quick Reply: 93 LT1 Service ASR with DTC 65