C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1985 Corvette Fast EZ EFI 2.0 questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 08:40 PM
gjstruss
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1985 Corvette Fast EZ EFI 2.0 questions

Hello guys,

Longtime lurker here and recently completed a build last year on my 85. The car has AFR 195 cc street eliminator heads, comp cams 280xfi flat tappet cam, miniram, hedman headers, 1.6 scorpion roller rockers, cat delete, full exhaust, and a 2800 stall with a shift kit through the stock built trans. Due to a lack of decent tuning options for the 85, the car runs decent, but is mediocre at best in the hot weather with a tune from TPiS. I'm looking at the FAST EZ EFI 2.0 system as a remedy for the car's reliability and performance, just have a couple questions for those that may have already completed the swap. I'm aware the the FAST unit doesn't control ignition timing and a distributor switch is in order which is fine. I'm mainly curious what some people have done to control the torque converter lockup besides the 700 dollar unit from FAST. Also would like to hear any other experiences and potential hangups people have had with the FAST system. Thanks for any help!
Old 07-16-2018, 09:34 PM
Mike Holmen
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by gjstruss
Hello guys,

Longtime lurker here and recently completed a build last year on my 85. The car has AFR 195 cc street eliminator heads, comp cams 280xfi flat tappet cam, miniram, hedman headers, 1.6 scorpion roller rockers, cat delete, full exhaust, and a 2800 stall with a shift kit through the stock built trans. Due to a lack of decent tuning options for the 85, the car runs decent, but is mediocre at best in the hot weather with a tune from TPiS. I'm looking at the FAST EZ EFI 2.0 system as a remedy for the car's reliability and performance, just have a couple questions for those that may have already completed the swap. I'm aware the the FAST unit doesn't control ignition timing and a distributor switch is in order which is fine. I'm mainly curious what some people have done to control the torque converter lockup besides the 700 dollar unit from FAST. Also would like to hear any other experiences and potential hangups people have had with the FAST system. Thanks for any help!
Nice car, I own a 85 vette with a ls LQ9 FAST ez efi 2.0 system. The ignition timing is controlled on the controller screen. I run a manual switch for my torque converter lock-up. Works good. You only really feel the third and fourth gear lock-up. I disconnected my factory lock-up transmission system.
Old 07-16-2018, 10:49 PM
martymcfly
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default TCI makes a kit for that

Originally Posted by gjstruss
Hello guys,

http://www.tciauto.com/tc/2004r-700r...iring-kithtml/
Old 07-16-2018, 11:58 PM
Mike Holmen
Burning Brakes

FYI- that kit is only for fourth gear lock-up. I would grab second of those hobs switches and install it into the third gear pressure port on the transmission. Be a shame just to lock-up in fourth gear and not put 100% of the power down in 3rd gear.
Old 07-17-2018, 05:33 PM
gjstruss
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Appreciate the help guys! Going to be ordering everything here soon.
Old 07-17-2018, 07:17 PM
Mike Holmen
Burning Brakes

I just used a torque converter solenoid and connector harness from Rockauto, probably $30-40 usd. I got a 20 amp on/off switch from my local auto parts store. Ran power from my battery keyed on power, 10 amp fuse and ran some wire to the connector. I used the power wire that goes to the fuel pump relay for the keyed on power. There is a slot in the auto console used for the manual transmission lock-up (not used in the auto cars).

You will hear a click inside the transmission when wired in correctly. Hobs switches are cheap off amazon/ebay, I didn't use the ones that I purchased yet.

Last edited by Mike Holmen; 07-17-2018 at 07:19 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To 1985 Corvette Fast EZ EFI 2.0 questions

Quick Reply: 1985 Corvette Fast EZ EFI 2.0 questions