C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1995 LED interior light upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 09:05 PM
ChrisKohlman
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1995 LED interior light upgrade

Has anyone tried upgrading the interior lights on a late model C4 to LEDs? I tried replacing the lamp in the door with a LED equivalent and started getting odd behavior with the lighting circuit (lights turn on initially then get temperamental about turning on again). I have had a few problems with interior LEDs in other cars due to the small current draw which may be confusing a lighting controller. This is similar to installing LED turn signal bulbs in the front or back and getting a rapid flashing interval (hiperflash) because they don't draw enough current to heat up the bi-metal strip in the flasher.

Before I invest in all the bulbs for the interior, I would like to find out if anyone else has had any luck good or bad.
Thanks,
Chris
Old 06-14-2016, 03:57 PM
BigT2
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

I have a 96 and I did the whole interior with LEDs with no problems. The only places I didn't change to LED is the HVAC controls and the gauges.

T
Old 06-15-2016, 09:11 AM
Cathul
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Same here... did a complete conversion except the HVAC and gauges... Maybe i'll do that in the future, but not planned yet.

Get notified of new replies

To 1995 LED interior light upgrade

Quick Reply: 1995 LED interior light upgrade