C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

FIC Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 05:29 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,264 Likes on 1,968 Posts

Originally Posted by Mishawaka
Just to let everyone know. Had the ICM tested. They ran the test three times and it was bad each time. The old ICM works but has the slow start problem. The new ICM works with no problems. Just a weird coincidence that the slow start happened right after the injector change. Sounds like I needed the 24s anyways, either way it seems to run better with them than the originals or the rebuilt 22s. I want to thank everyone for their input, I just wish my post would not have started this argument.
My ignition module happened recently. I was driving and sprayed washer fluid. Right then, the engine died and it took another module to get it going.
Old 05-14-2016, 05:31 PM
Mishawaka
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by aklim
My ignition module happened recently. I was driving and sprayed washer fluid. Right then, the engine died and it took another module to get it going.
Coincidences do happen then.
Old 05-14-2016, 06:50 PM
MrWillys
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Sorry, mailed the 22's back today. I was just happy that the 24s were installed and the car was running good.
Glad too hear you got it fixed.
Old 05-15-2016, 08:16 AM
MrWillys
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

You can truly learn a lot about a man and how he reacts when he finds out he was wrong. Silence truly is golden!
Old 05-15-2016, 08:32 AM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Received 1,056 Likes on 769 Posts

Originally Posted by MrWillys
You can truly learn a lot about a man and how he reacts when he finds out he was wrong. Silence truly is golden!
LOL ... Who is it that you think was wrong ? What was the lesson learned ?
Old 05-15-2016, 10:50 AM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

What thread were you reading it turned out to be the ICM.
Old 05-15-2016, 12:01 PM
Silver96ce
Drifting

Received 60 Likes on 53 Posts

So why don't you take a cue and either shut up or apologize.

Old 05-15-2016, 12:03 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Silver96ce
So why don't you take a cue and either shut up or apologize.

Wish I could learn more about how golden he really is
Old 05-15-2016, 12:20 PM
Silver96ce
Drifting

Originally Posted by aklim
Wish I could learn more about how golden he really is
Well he does live in Reno.

Seriously though I really don't get his hard on and hate for FIC. It supposedly stems from a disagreement over the proper injectors for particular applications. The sarcasm and bashing even after Jon tried to extend an olive branch. And the deletion by Mr. ****** of company and injector recommendations along with contact info. from his posts in this and another thread after Jon raises a potential forum rules violation. And now this "silence is golden" crack - I guess meant as a badly written slam that Jon and FIC haven't posted again in this thread. Frankly I bet Jon has hundreds of better things to do than to argue with a retired union carpenter who has a part-time (or little to no time) business tuning cars.

Maybe Mr. ****** has some good advice to impart to others but I will be very leery listening to what he has to say after this episode.

Old 05-15-2016, 01:26 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Silver96ce
Seriously though I really don't get his hard on and hate for FIC.

It supposedly stems from a disagreement over the proper injectors for particular applications. The sarcasm and bashing even after Jon tried to extend an olive branch.

And the deletion by Mr. ****** of company and injector recommendations along with contact info. from his posts in this and another thread after Jon raises a potential forum rules violation. And now this "silence is golden" crack - I guess meant as a badly written slam that Jon and FIC haven't posted again in this thread. Frankly I bet Jon has hundreds of better things to do than to argue with a retired union carpenter who has a part-time (or little to no time) business tuning cars.

Maybe Mr. ****** has some good advice to impart to others but I will be very leery listening to what he has to say after this episode.
IF Jon is telling the truth and he was turned down for the 30% commission, it might not be difficult to see where the hostility is coming from. Notice the replies can be taken either way and he never did dare to call Jon out on that remark about the commission but has a lot of replies that are very carefully crafted so it can say "yes" or "no" but nothing flat out that calls Jon out. Seeing his other replies I have no doubt that courtesy isn't involved.

As to the size, here is the issue..
cores are not available,, 890 are rare, so we have to buy them new.. now instead of 169 a set they are 440.. the 771 we sell for the 305 is a brand new modified injector at a great price. Anyone with a built engine gets 24 # 715 or 931 if they buy new. there are a bunch of guys selling these..
. I know of a way to verify what Jon is saying. We know the supposed flow rate of the injector in question. Jon says it is modified to flow more than spec. Fair enough. Have that injector tested by a neutral party and see if it flows more than spec. My Vette makes more power than the spec so it MIGHT be true that the injector has been modified to flow more than spec. A simple test on an injector flow bench will tell who is lying and who is being honest.

When you call someone out, it is likely that they call you out too so if you are not 100% above board, I suggest you STFU before someone calls you out.

I'd be leery about his suggested vendor since I can't be sure if I am being guided to the best item or whether it is best for his pocketbook and if it helps me, so be it. The rest of his tech info, well, it might be accurate.

Last edited by aklim; 05-15-2016 at 01:27 PM.
Old 05-15-2016, 02:22 PM
Red 91
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I have followed this forum nearly daily since 08 and can say that I have not seen mrwillys give anything but thoughtful and helpful advice. I have been in the automotive business for 45 yrs. Jon at fic also supports this community with cost effective injectors that will work in many cases. These injectors may not be flow rated perfectly and they may be loud, but the service is good and they are cheap. There are so few very knowledgible members on the forum that I think nobody should drive them away. There are many new members that try to give advice on every problem and send people on costly wild goose chases. Consider that it may be best to let Mrwillys and FIC work this out or not, both are assets to this forum.
Old 05-15-2016, 02:40 PM
Silver96ce
Drifting

Originally Posted by Red 91
I have followed this forum nearly daily since 08 and can say that I have not seen mrwillys give anything but thoughtful and helpful advice. I have been in the automotive business for 45 yrs. Jon at fic also supports this community with cost effective injectors that will work in many cases. These injectors may not be flow rated perfectly and they may be loud, but the service is good and they are cheap. There are so few very knowledgible members on the forum that I think nobody should drive them away. There are many new members that try to give advice on every problem and send people on costly wild goose chases. Consider that it may be best to let Mrwillys and FIC work this out or not, both are assets to this forum.
I don't have any personal animosity toward Mr. ****** nor do I believe that I or any one else is trying to drive him away. Jon told him to call him and even tried to work it out with him. He should have PM'ed Jon or telephoned to discuss it but Mr. ****** continued the bashing here in this thread and another. Why? Who knows. But his conduct (sarcasm and bashing) really wasn't acceptable; continued right up until today; and maybe he should take some time to reflect upon it.

Last edited by Silver96ce; 05-15-2016 at 02:41 PM.
Old 05-15-2016, 03:26 PM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Are you kidding me !! I thought ****** was trying to drive the FIC guy away ... Rightly or wrongly so that is what I thought was happening.
Old 05-15-2016, 06:59 PM
Mishawaka
Pro

The ICM I replaced yesterday. It failed. GRRRRR I put the old back in and it fired right up. It was their last one, hopefully just gonna get my money and go somewhere else, probably NAPA.
Old 05-15-2016, 07:00 PM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

The ICM I replaced yesterday. It failed. GRRRRR I put the old back in and it fired right up. It was their last one, hopefully just gonna get my money and go somewhere else, probably NAPA.
Geez ... Your not exactly a lucky guy.
Old 05-15-2016, 07:07 PM
Mishawaka
Pro

Originally Posted by Amotoxracer
Geez ... Your not exactly a lucky guy.
I guess not. Less hassle if I would have just drove it the way it was. At least the buff job is being done, a neighbor down the street has done it for years and only charging me $90. A good price considering it has tons of swirl marks in it.
Old 05-15-2016, 11:16 PM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Damn stay away from mine lol

Get notified of new replies

To FIC Injectors

Old 05-15-2016, 11:20 PM
Mishawaka
Pro

Originally Posted by antfarmer2
Damn stay away from mine lol
Old 05-27-2016, 12:24 PM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Looks like ***** got a vacation.
Old 05-27-2016, 01:37 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Originally Posted by antfarmer2
Looks like ***** got a vacation.
Looks like you are right. I suspect it might be a real vacation. Till you mentioned it, I didn't notice that he has been gone since the 19th. Oh well. People come and go.

Quick Reply: FIC Injectors