C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Ever get that feeling?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 12:33 PM
Christian95
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ever get that feeling?

Been awhile since I've been around here so I thought I'd jump on and see if anyone else is feelin what I am during this winter. I haven't been doing much with the vette mostly because of working and wedding planning, but the latter also means that selling her has been on my mind quite a bit. Haven't really had anyone interested so I figure I might as well enjoy it while I have it! Seems like when I drive her, some thing just doesn't quite feel right. She has a miss and I can hear it when standing near the exhaust but that may be just a consequence of letting the gas sit for a few months... I know that's big no no but even then I still feel like something is not right. I also have some oil coming from my oil cap which I am pretty sure was from a faulty PCV valve. I checked the valve by shaking it and I heard the rattling but when I put my thumb to it, it had no suction. So I went ahead and changed it out since it was a cheap replacement. Also replaced the fitting because when I changed out the valve, it came out without almost any force. Now I have suction at the valve and it almost dies when I plug it. Still thinking I have a vac leak somewhere but am afraid to dive in and find it in all the places it could be So all of that to say, does anyone else ever have that feeling that something much worse is wrong than what really is? I mean I drive it around and have fun with it but I feel like it should be a little more peppy for being a '90 383. Or am I just crazy?
Old 01-30-2016, 01:34 PM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

blow smoke in the line going to the brake booster and see where it comes out to find the leak. not evan married yet and the vette has to go? whats next?
Old 01-30-2016, 04:50 PM
Christian95
Instructor

Originally Posted by antfarmer2
blow smoke in the line going to the brake booster and see where it comes out to find the leak. not evan married yet and the vette has to go? whats next?
I just picked up some matches so I'll go check out the booster now. And I don't HAVE to get rid of it but she mentioned it would be nice to have the extra cash. Maybe I'll just take a look at the engine and accidentally take the heads off which means I can't sell it until I put new heads on
Old 01-30-2016, 05:11 PM
Christian95
Instructor

Tried to find the leak with matches but I didn't see the smoke being pulled into any of the lines. Nothing near the booster either. I pinched the line with my fingers and I couldn't get it closed all the way, but even if the line was constricted at all wouldn't it cause a stumble?
Old 01-30-2016, 05:15 PM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

take the matches a lite a cheap cigar and blow the smoke in the hose into the engine
Old 01-30-2016, 07:18 PM
daverulz
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, sell your toys before you get married. Because you will never, ever, ever, ever ,ever ,ever ,ever get them back.
Old 01-31-2016, 06:42 AM
scrappy76
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by daverulz
Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, sell your toys before you get married. Because you will never, ever, ever, ever ,ever ,ever ,ever get them back.
Absooooooolutely. Once you get married she will take your sac. So the vette will be all you have left to show you have a sac. I look at it this way. If you dont owe on it, its costing you nothing to keep. If you do spend any money on it, only when you have a couple extra dollars if your broke.
If she is able to get you to give up your sac before you get married, she will know you will be a piece of cake after you say I do. So even if you have lost interest in the vette do not I repeat do not give it up till after the nups. Oh, also do not eat the wedding cake..
Old 01-31-2016, 09:59 AM
QCVette
Le Mans Master

Received 642 Likes on 497 Posts

I don't remember who posted this (but I saved the picture because I liked it).

It is appropriate for this thread and the last few posts.

Actually I can't complain. My wife has been with me to pick out all 9 of the Corvettes I have had. She likes them too.
Old 02-01-2016, 12:27 PM
DGXR
Melting Slicks

Received 346 Likes on 300 Posts

Marriage requires compromise, so no need to compromise before marriage unless that is your choice and nobody else's. I can see if a guy is married and he insists on a Corvette as his only car, it's just not a family-oriented, practical choice. But assuming it's a toy/extra vehicle, and most "girls just want to have fun"... if I find myself with someone who just doesn't like Corvettes period, I would wonder why I'm with her.

Get notified of new replies

To Ever get that feeling?

Quick Reply: Ever get that feeling?