C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1986 automatic hard gas pedal

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 05:08 PM
PMARTINEZ92126
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1986 automatic hard gas pedal

The gas pedal on my car is harder than most to push down. Im wondering if the lingenfelter superam is causing the kick down cable to kink. Ive replaced the gas linkage cable, double checked the gas pedal to make sure It was ok. I changed out the throttle body and the kick down cable to the tranny. I replaced the tranny, torque converter and the entire exhaust and its still harder to push down to the point where its not fun to drive the car. It was easy when I first got the car years ago. Does anyone else have this problem with the lingenfelter superam intake system? I did have a valve body kit installed when the tranny was redone but it still had the problem after the rebuild. I also have 3:54 gears in the back, which is not stock. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 10-28-2015, 09:08 PM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,542 Likes on 1,043 Posts

Disconnect the tv cable at the throttle body bracket and press the gas pedal or open the throttle manually. Is it hard to open or easy. If it is hard, your problem is with the throttle body. If it is easy with the tv cable off and hard with it on, the tv cable is binding or the throttle valve in the tranny is hung up. Do the same with the cruise control to try to figure it out. I ran a Super Ram for years with no throttle binding.

Quick Reply: 1986 automatic hard gas pedal