C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Is this the Opti? '94

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 01:22 AM
ricasso
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Is this the Opti? '94

After a particularly hard drive on a nice straight road I noticed I had lost a cylinder,I am hoping it is just a plug or wire and not the Opti starting to crap out, its a 94 and does have 71K on it so Im sure some will say its due to go but its fine on the other cylinders, (its on the lefthand bank) no smoke of any colour, it wasnt missing at all up to this point either,so far as I know the plugs and wires could be originals! certainly haven't been changed in the three years I've had the car, any ideas?

Last edited by ricasso; 08-14-2015 at 01:31 AM.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:31 AM
TorchTarga94
Melting Slicks

Received 191 Likes on 158 Posts

If you have for sure narrowed it down to one cylinder not firing, then it is probably just a plug or wire issue. It could be the terminal for that cylinder within the Opti cap but kind of doubtful. You need to narrow it down to which cylinder exactly and then replace that plug and wire.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:07 AM
ricasso
Pro

Originally Posted by TorchTarga94
If you have for sure narrowed it down to one cylinder not firing, then it is probably just a plug or wire issue. It could be the terminal for that cylinder within the Opti cap but kind of doubtful. You need to narrow it down to which cylinder exactly and then replace that plug and wire.
As soon as it stops raining (24 hours now..) I'll get out there and check it over, and no it wasn't raining when it happened I have a new set of wires that I bought some time ago and a set of plugs on order, hard to find the right plugs here in the UK for some reason, so it seems a good opportunity to freshen it up a bit.
Old 08-14-2015, 10:23 AM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

On my 94 I had to loosen the power steering pump and move it forward to get the wires through make sure you use a bit of dielectric gease on them and make sure they click twice. I had one cylinder stop fireing pulled the plastic cover off and found a injector wire nibbled through. Don't forget the antisize on the plugs.
Old 08-14-2015, 02:18 PM
ricasso
Pro

Originally Posted by antfarmer2
On my 94 I had to loosen the power steering pump and move it forward to get the wires through make sure you use a bit of dielectric gease on them and make sure they click twice. I had one cylinder stop fireing pulled the plastic cover off and found a injector wire nibbled through. Don't forget the antisize on the plugs.
Very good point, I'll definitely be checking the injectors and wiring, another thing to tick off the list of possible causes..
Old 08-15-2015, 11:00 PM
kimmer
Le Mans Master

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts
C4 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by antfarmer2
Antfarmer2
I think you need a nickname how about "Always Click Twice"

Get notified of new replies

To Is this the Opti? '94

Quick Reply: Is this the Opti? '94