C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Soft top frame and hinges

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 12:48 PM
geneob
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soft top frame and hinges

I found a guy parting out an 87 convertible and was curious about how tough it is to just take the whole top, frame and hinges off and install on mine. I am guessing it is easier than just replacing the soft top and weather stripping.

Last edited by geneob; 08-22-2014 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Added 87
Old 08-22-2014, 03:05 PM
93droptop
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Soft top frame and hinges

It's super easy. There is a bracket on each side of the car right by the top of the seat belts where the top hinges come together. Each bracket is held in place with 3 nuts. You will need to remove the plastic trim and carpet pieces. After removing the burs on each side have a helper help you wiggle to top off the car. Pulled mine a couple weeks ago to replace a bot that fell out of the hinges. Off and back on the in about 45 mins.

Good luck.
Old 08-22-2014, 07:07 PM
dizwiz24
Race Director

Received 559 Likes on 436 Posts

Originally Posted by 93droptop
It's super easy. There is a bracket on each side of the car right by the top of the seat belts where the top hinges come together. Each bracket is held in place with 3 nuts. You will need to remove the plastic trim and carpet pieces. After removing the burs on each side have a helper help you wiggle to top off the car. Pulled mine a couple weeks ago to replace a bot that fell out of the hinges. Off and back on the in about 45 mins.

Good luck.
How much do you think the top weighs?

Get notified of new replies

To Soft top frame and hinges

Quick Reply: Soft top frame and hinges