C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

A/C bracket and valve cover access L98

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 09:17 AM
vl5150
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default A/C bracket and valve cover access L98

For those of you that shaved or trimmed the A/C bracket to get the passenger side valve cover off easily, can I get a pic? I'd like to start getting my car situated to the point where I don't have to deal with the compressor when doing maintenance. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:51 AM
WW7
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 318 Posts

I've never seen anyone cut or shave the a/c bracket on the passenger side.. Im not saying someone hasn't tried it, but I've never seen it on here...The a/c bracket is just barely strong enough as it's designed,cutting would just make it weaker..It's not that big a deal to just loosen the bolts and move it forward .. I have seen guys have the valve covers cut and rewelded to clear the bracket but nothing to the bracket itself...Someone please correct me if you've heard of cutting the a/c bracket.......WW

Last edited by WW7; 08-21-2014 at 01:40 PM.
Old 08-21-2014, 07:34 PM
vl5150
Racer

I'm pretty sure I saw a post here that a bunch of people have done this. I've loosened the A/C bracket many times and it makes an otherwise easy job somewhat more involved.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:56 PM
captainkawasaki
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have full bodied crane roller rockers and notched the ac bracket just enough to get the valve cover off. Haven't had any problems yet! I only took a small notch maybe 3/8ths deep. I still have to loosen the compressor itself but I no longer have to mess with the bracket. Maybe if I rerouted the hose to the throttle body/intake manifold I could pull the cover without moving anything, I haven't gotten around to testing that hypothesis.
Old 08-22-2014, 07:05 AM
vl5150
Racer

Originally Posted by captainkawasaki
I have full bodied crane roller rockers and notched the ac bracket just enough to get the valve cover off. Haven't had any problems yet! I only took a small notch maybe 3/8ths deep. I still have to loosen the compressor itself but I no longer have to mess with the bracket. Maybe if I rerouted the hose to the throttle body/intake manifold I could pull the cover without moving anything, I haven't gotten around to testing that hypothesis.
Thanks for the info. Do you have a pic?

Get notified of new replies

To A/C bracket and valve cover access L98

Quick Reply: A/C bracket and valve cover access L98