C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Data master files

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 05:59 PM
DaveD2
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Data master files

Anyone have any experience with Data Master files and using them to determine problems?
I have a 92 LT1 stroked to a 383 with a hot cam and I am having problems with my IAC valve not working correctly and my data log shows it. Seems like the ECM will not control my idle and I have a miss or surging at just off of idle cruising. If anyone can look at my file and give me an idea of what might be causing my problems it would be very appreciated.
I changed the .uni extension to .txt to attach it to this post if anyone can look over the file and give me some feedback on what I might start with on trouble shooting this I would really appreciate it , like I just said before.

Thanks a lot ahead of time.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
test12.txt (1.56 MB, 65 views)
Old 07-31-2014, 06:17 PM
DaveD2
Intermediate

Also my engine dies when I floor it and hit 81 miles an hour in third gear. It's like it just runs out of gas but I ran it with the fuel gauge attached and fuel is still at 43 when it dies. It will start right back up if I let my foot off the gas immediately after it stalls but if I hold the peddle down it won't restart and the tranny will disengage and I have to use the key to start it back up. Some weird **** I have never seen before. There is no way to test if I am loosing spark but what would cause the spark if I am loosing it to start again as soon as the throttle is moved? And not come back if I keep the throttle floored?

thanks again guys.
Old 08-04-2014, 01:24 PM
DaveD2
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DaveD2
Also my engine dies when I floor it and hit 81 miles an hour in third gear. It's like it just runs out of gas but I ran it with the fuel gauge attached and fuel is still at 43 when it dies. It will start right back up if I let my foot off the gas immediately after it stalls but if I hold the peddle down it won't restart and the tranny will disengage and I have to use the key to start it back up. Some weird **** I have never seen before. There is no way to test if I am loosing spark but what would cause the spark if I am loosing it to start again as soon as the throttle is moved? And not come back if I keep the throttle floored?

thanks again guys.
No One wants to jump in on this one huh? I ran the car with data master running and when it stalls the injectors stop working too until I let off the gas they start firing again. I changed computers, ICM, and I am getting ready to change the Opti but I was reading something about the CCM because I had a serial data link failure on the CCM which just tells you to check wiring for continuity but doesn't say anything about what parts to replace for that code and it is intermittent code #41 CCM code not ECM and under that code it mentions that if there is a serial data link failure the feds will not enable. So any of you LT1 experts out there does that mean that it will shutoff my injectors if I get a serial data loss at 81 miles an hour constantly that the CCM might be the culprit on this stalling I have?

PLEASE At least one post would be helpful, I don't want to replace my Opti if the problem lies in my CCM!

Anyone out there that can address this issue or has heard of it before please reply!
Thank you
Daved2
Old 08-04-2014, 03:41 PM
JackDidley
Race Director

Received 232 Likes on 164 Posts

Not an LT1 guy at all but I am wondering what the duty cycle numbers are when this happens.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:27 PM
DaveD2
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JackDidley
Not an LT1 guy at all but I am wondering what the duty cycle numbers are when this happens.
I just took the car out for a run with the speedo disconnected at the tranny and no stall. I usually hit 82 MPH at around 3100 RPM and I hit 5000 RPM and it was still going and no stall. So the CCM doesn't know how fast I am going and not cutting out the feds.
I had a code 41 on the ECM the other day and that code is serial data link failure and it says when that code is set it will prohibit the feds from engaging and doesn't say what parts to change it just has a bunch of continuity test to do between connectors one the ECM and CCM and I am not tearing my whole dash apart to get to the CCM to do those tests.
Weird stuff huh?
I was just about to buy another Opti spark and decided to do this test, glad I did saved myself a bunch of money.
I guess there is some limit set in the ccm that I hit at 81 MPH but when it don't know I'm doing 81 it doesn't stall the car or shut off the FEDS.

Thanks for the reply though very appreciated!
Old 08-04-2014, 05:51 PM
DaveD2
Intermediate

Default My file

Originally Posted by JackDidley
If you want you can view my file attached above it's a uni file that I changed the extension on it to txt to upload on here, all you would need to do is change the txt extension to uni and read it or open it with data master program and it should have the duty cycle info in it.

Thanks
Daved2

Last edited by DaveD2; 08-04-2014 at 05:54 PM.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:54 PM
DaveD2
Intermediate

The time where the stall took place is at three points and the TPS reading is in the area of 93.5 and 94 on that % at 81 miles an hour the stall takes place and then the timing goes to 3 degrees advance, when you see that portion you are in the right place on the file. It happened three times on that file and you will see the injectors drop off as well.
Old 06-19-2015, 10:47 PM
haromfazis
1st Gear

Default I have an Trans am with lt1 It runs bad first ok than goes wild on idle

Can anyone read my uni file I converted to txt file and maybe telling me what is going on with this thing driving me crazy thanks everyone.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
testing4.txt (336.3 KB, 43 views)

Get notified of new replies

To Data master files

Quick Reply: Data master files