C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

where do I buy a CCM for a 93' vette

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 12:52 AM
senter9
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where do I buy a CCM for a 93' vette

I have all but determined that I need to replace my CCM. Does anyone know where to purchase a new or rebuilt one? 1993 corvette coupe base model. Thanks
Old 07-28-2014, 05:37 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,259 Likes on 2,022 Posts

Originally Posted by senter9
I have all but determined that I need to replace my CCM. Does anyone know where to purchase a new or rebuilt one? 1993 corvette coupe base model. Thanks
There are service facilities that do but it might be wise to pay a reputable "reseller" that you could maybe count on for service if you had issues.

Davies does ECM/CCM but I doubt it's "in-house". You would need to ask them.

http://corvetteparts.com/catalog?q=ccm
Old 07-28-2014, 12:31 PM
Hooked on Vettes
Melting Slicks

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by senter9
Appears it's still available from GM. There is a core charge and you need someone with a Tech 1 to program the new/re-manufactured one.

http://parts.nalleygmc.com/products/.../88999216.html
Old 07-28-2014, 12:38 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,259 Likes on 2,022 Posts

Originally Posted by Hooked on Vettes
Appears it's still available from GM. There is a core charge and you need someone with a Tech 1 to program the new/re-manufactured one.

http://parts.nalleygmc.com/products/.../88999216.html
I don't believe there's a current contract for GM that they maintain an inventory of the remanufactured part. I believe you can do it through them but you surrender yours for the repair to be remanufactured. The turn around through the GM supply channels may very well be a disadvantage and it's likely just a repair that's sublet to a contractor and not done to the GM QC specs that were maintained when GM actually did maintain a stock of the part. The same is true for the older ECMs.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:38 PM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

CCM's... this is fun... they are easy to find, rather cheap and, well, insanely durable, so why is yours bad?

A new one is the way to go, but you need to get it programmed with the mileage within the first 100 miles, or else it will lock up and never be changed, ever, by anyone. I have never heard of anyone hacking that data.

If you buy used, well, it's 20 years old and might experience the same issue you are now.

Before you replace it, make sure all grounds are good and solid... like any piece of electronics, grounding is SO very important.
Old 07-28-2014, 01:05 PM
Tom400CFI
Team Owner
Pro Mechanic

Received 3,181 Likes on 2,322 Posts

Based on conversations with this person, he can rebuild, reprogram...do what ever you want. His name is Ken Anderson. I'd recommend at least talking with him.

kenwanderson@msn.com

FYI, I agree that it's very uncommon for a CCM to fail. I thought mine had failed which is why I was talking with Ken, but further....unconventional diagnosis proved it was good and my problem was the wrong key supplied by the PO of the car.

Get notified of new replies

To where do I buy a CCM for a 93' vette

Quick Reply: where do I buy a CCM for a 93' vette