C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

c-beam

Old 07-27-2014, 11:50 AM
aDigitalPhantom
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by WVZR-1
You've mentioned some quite nice hardware (Q'time etc) so I doubt I'd start hacking now. If you have a problem with the c-beam dimensions that means you also have a problem with the location of the ZF shifter in the car. I don't have the slightest idea what you measure with or anything else but there's issues with what you're doing. Whose headers? Are there headers installed presently? You've just only mention you can't find. You've never mentioned where you've looked. You need to have a plan and you don't appear to have a solid one presently.

I'd maybe consider just "catching your breath" and rethink what you've done.

I'd consider maybe starting a new thread. "ANYONE INSTALLED AN LS IN A '92+ LT1 CHASSIS WITH ZF". In that thread I'd mention the Q'time part #.

What is the part # of your Novak slave? You've got a wide variety of hardware and maybe mentioning everything by part # would help someone "help you".

To use your engine brackets and have everything fit I believe I know what I'd consider but I'm not going to suggest it.

The clutch slave is a kit, it is #HCRC-78
Your thread title here "C-beam" likely isn't getting any attention from those that can/could help. You've got I believe more issues than just the c-beam for a final finish project.
I have looked at summit racing and jegs for the mount adapters, but part of the problem there is I don't know why the ones I have wont work, and thus what I need to avoid to find ones that will.

Can you explain what you mean by shifter placement issues?

I am planning to use a set of manifolds they might be from a c6, but I am not sure. No they are not installed yet.

From what i see the only thing that does not fit is the cbeam.
The shifter seems to sit in the right place in the console.

I noticed this earlier, but what kind of problems can worn out diff bushing cause?

PS
I was hoping to drive it first then decide if I really want to put steeper grears in it, but after seeing how many bushings are worn out on the rear suspension I may just go ahead and deal with it.

Last edited by aDigitalPhantom; 07-27-2014 at 11:59 AM.
Old 07-31-2014, 12:54 AM
aDigitalPhantom
Burning Brakes

I am planning to buy parts when I get paid, (thursday or friday) and right now it looks like my best bet will to be drilling new holes in the longer c-beam.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:55 PM
aDigitalPhantom
Burning Brakes

I see I forgot to add the measurements I said i would add.

D44 cbeam = 38 1/4
D36 cbeam = 39 1/2
DIFF to ZF6 = 39 (maybe a tad longer I might have raised the tans to far)
Balancer clearance about 1 inch

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: c-beam