C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

LT1 exhaust header swap for an 1989 L98

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 06:54 PM
Went
Pro

Received 117 Likes on 67 Posts

Default LT1 exhaust header swap for an 1989 L98

I have read that the LT1 exhaust headers flow better than the stock L98 exhaust header. I have a set of LT1 exhaust headers I could use. Can't afford long tube headers. I've got a high flow main cat. I've been saving for a set of 1.6 roller rocker arms. Just had to spend monies on a power brake booster, master cyclinder and a Dewitts radiator is on the way. Just looking for a few more ponies... Question is: the EGR pipe...its the only thing I couldn't easily get connected using the LT1 headers. If it is deleted, what effect is there? I can machine my own block off plate for the intake manifold. All the EGR stuff except the pipe looks like it could be connected.

Thanks
Old 07-13-2014, 07:10 PM
fast.asleep
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as far as I can remember it will pop a check engine light on the dash if you delete EGR. You can have a PROM made to get rid of that code. Deleting AIR however will not throw any codes

I remember reading that L98 flowed better than the LT ones.

Originally Posted by Went
I have read that the LT1 exhaust headers flow better than the stock L98 exhaust header. I have a set of LT1 exhaust headers I could use. Can't afford long tube headers. I've got a high flow main cat. I've been saving for a set of 1.6 roller rocker arms. Just had to spend monies on a power brake booster, master cyclinder and a Dewitts radiator is on the way. Just looking for a few more ponies... Question is: the EGR pipe...its the only thing I couldn't easily get connected using the LT1 headers. If it is deleted, what effect is there? I can machine my own block off plate for the intake manifold. All the EGR stuff except the pipe looks like it could be connected.

Thanks

Quick Reply: LT1 exhaust header swap for an 1989 L98