C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

90 is running hot. Coolant bubbling

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 10:37 AM
MZee
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 90 is running hot. Coolant bubbling

Is that normal? Boiling coolant reservoiir.Car is running well but the gauge is over halway point between 100 and 260 .just over halfway.its sunny and hot out. mZee. I maybe a leak?
Old 06-08-2014, 08:22 AM
HlhnEast
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Is the coolant actually bubbling? Or just steaming? Steaming is normal, bubbling can indicate a problems. Does the car noticeably increase in temp as you accelerate? Cool off when coasting? If it does these things you may have an exhaust leak into your water jacket, a very bad thing. Exhaust gases will react with your water/coolant mix and make and acid, I forget which, but a very bad thing for aluminum.
Old 06-08-2014, 05:07 PM
MZee
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HlhnEast
Is the coolant actually bubbling? Or just steaming? Steaming is normal, bubbling can indicate a problems. Does the car noticeably increase in temp as you accelerate? Cool off when coasting? If it does these things you may have an exhaust leak into your water jacket, a very bad thing. Exhaust gases will react with your water/coolant mix and make and acid, I forget which, but a very bad thing for aluminum.
Answer , the car cools as you drive it, but after filling the coolant reservoir to the proper level. No bubbling. Temp guage in the middle to a little higher. Normal and when parked there is no leak at all. Seems ok, thanks.

Get notified of new replies

To 90 is running hot. Coolant bubbling

Quick Reply: 90 is running hot. Coolant bubbling