C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Clutch Pedal Postion Switch Adjustment?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 09:08 PM
wschmidt
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Pedal Postion Switch Adjustment?

Just completed a master cylinder swap on a 93LT1 which has gone horribly, but seems to be under control now. It seems one of the casualties may have been the clutch pedal position switch. I push the clutch in, no start. I jump the connector and it fires right up. Is there a way to adjust this switch? Is it common for it to come out of adjustment when you are moving the pedal all around every which way? I did accidentally pull the pedal all the way up and the cruise control switch slipped almost all the way out, would that break the position switch? I cant find anything in the FSM about it and it doesnt look fun to remove/replace.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:25 AM
Hooked on Vettes
Melting Slicks

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Manual doesn't mention that it's adjustable. Verify the link rod that operates the switch is still attached on both ends. Problem could be due to your clutch pedal travel problem.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:38 AM
wschmidt
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hooked on Vettes
Manual doesn't mention that it's adjustable. Verify the link rod that operates the switch is still attached on both ends. Problem could be due to your clutch pedal travel problem.

Hmm, didnt think to actually watch if the switch was moving. Everything looked connected. I did fix the travel problem, I somehow managed to get the slave push rod up over the fork so everything was all maxed out. I moved the floor mat and everthing and still nothing on the switch. I guess I could test the connector, it should go from open to closed on a continuity test right? See if its toast or just needs some more travel....
Old 06-03-2014, 11:34 AM
Hooked on Vettes
Melting Slicks

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Yes you can test it with an ohm meter.
My guess is something is wrong with the link rod.

Get notified of new replies

To Clutch Pedal Postion Switch Adjustment?

Quick Reply: Clutch Pedal Postion Switch Adjustment?