C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Fuse blows-anti-lock light comes on & more

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 12:41 AM
ghr4news
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fuse blows-anti-lock light comes on & more

Happened the other day, the anti-lock light came on, I also noticed the A/C controller panel lights went off. Checked fuse and turned out the fuse that's for the anti-lock and A/C control panel had blown. Went and replaced fuse, car worked ok for a day or so then when I went to start the car, the fuse blew out again. It blew out before I turned the ignition to start the engine. Only thing I can think of that may be adding to the problem is the day the fuse went out I had to use the parking brake, something I don't generally use cause one of these days I'm going to have to adjust the cable. When I took the parking brake off, the parking brake light stayed on. I had to put the parking brake on again and then do a hard release so lever could engage the switch that turns the parking brake light off. Could that have anything to do with it? What's causing this fuse to blow?
Looking forward to your help.

George
Old 05-25-2014, 03:27 AM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 341 Likes on 312 Posts

What year is the car? There was a major revision of the fuse panel in 1990 so it's important to know which year your car is.

Which fuse is blowing? What is the label on the fuse panel?
Old 05-25-2014, 03:41 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,255 Likes on 2,018 Posts

Originally Posted by Cliff Harris
What year is the car? There was a major revision of the fuse panel in 1990 so it's important to know which year your car is.

He's mentioned '86 a few times when asking for information
Old 05-25-2014, 01:47 PM
ghr4news
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cliff Harris

Cliff, WVZR-1 is correct and it was my bad I failed to include that pertinent information. Again, its a 1986 standard coupe. The fuse that is blowing out is the "10-A Gauges" fuse. Its located 2nd from the top on the right hand side of the fuse panel.
Thank you,
George

Get notified of new replies

To Fuse blows-anti-lock light comes on & more

Quick Reply: Fuse blows-anti-lock light comes on & more