C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Another TPI Swap Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 11:39 AM
Dega500
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another TPI Swap Question

Putting a 91 Corvette TPI Setup in my 80 model. I've already bought an 82 Fuel Sending Unit to mount new fuel pump in tank. My new TPI Swap harness has fuel pump wire to go directly to the + terminal on the fuel pump. I'm leaning toward using an AC Delco EP375 pump which don't seem to come with the wiring or plug.

Can someone enlighten me as to which plug/ wiring harness I need to hook up the fuel pump. Maybe the wires I see for Walbro etc... are all the same for C4 pumps.

Thanks, Dega
Old 04-21-2014, 06:34 PM
MrWillys
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

1 wire is power, and another for ground?
Old 04-22-2014, 06:11 AM
Dega500
Instructor

Ok, I understand that much, but there is a wire that "plugs" into the fuel pump. Some replacement pumps don't come with it. My 80 doesn't have the wire and plug either. I'm needing help knowing which type plug I need.
Thanks, dega
Old 04-22-2014, 07:27 PM
kanvasman
Melting Slicks

Received 792 Likes on 541 Posts

I am in the process of doing a similar swap, and the '82 fuel sending unit/pump set up I got ( to fit my 78 fuel tank) has the wire plug coming out of the sending unit, 3 prongs, on hot, one ground and one for the gauge. Under the cover of the unit are 2 wires, hot and ground to hook up to whatever pump I decide to buy. Those wires just have ring terminals on them. Third wire is already attached to sending unit. Maybe you could just cut the plug and adapt the connection to your pump.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:13 PM
Dega500
Instructor

Thanks for the response kanvasman, I think I'm just going to pick up a fuel pump and see what I need from there.

I ordered a new sending Unit but haven't received it yet. The sending unit may clear things up for me.

Thanks again, Dega
Old 04-23-2014, 01:33 PM
ch@0s
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

The 91 corvette ECM controls the FP relay. All you need to do Is wire up a relay to power the FP and run the ECM FP wire to it. IIRC it supplies a ground but make sure you look that up I could be wrong. And make sure you tune out anything you don't need in the ECM..Mr.****** can do that for you.

Last edited by ch@0s; 04-23-2014 at 01:37 PM.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:40 PM
Dega500
Instructor

Originally Posted by ch@0s
The 91 corvette ECM controls the FP relay. All you need to do Is wire up a relay to power the FP and run the ECM FP wire to it. IIRC it supplies a ground but make sure you look that up I could be wrong. And make sure you tune out anything you don't need in the ECM..Mr.****** can do that for you.
Awesome, I have the ECM already programmed and ready to go with all the junk removed. My harness has a Grey wire I simply have to route to and connect to the + side of the fuel pump and of course I will have to ground it. I didn't know how the wire attached to the pump. I didn't know if there was a connector (some fp's come with a pigtail connector but the AC Delco does not), ring terminals, soldering posts etc... I was just trying to figure out what to expect so I could gather as many parts as I could ahead of time. I hate running back and forth to the parts house.

Thanks, Dega

Get notified of new replies

To Another TPI Swap Question

Quick Reply: Another TPI Swap Question