C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Need trigger for injectors

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 11:48 AM
The Bus
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need trigger for injectors

I'll try to keep this as short as I can. I was having a dyno pull and my curves were jagged. My friend had the same problem in the past and had his distributor replaced and it solved the problem. I had a speed shop look at the dyno curves and they told me all needed to do was get rid of the computer controlled dist. and replace it with a vacuum advance unit and computer would still control the air/fuel mixture. They replaced my friends computer with a new Holly unit as well. They made no indication that I needed to change mine out. (*&*(*&*(* Well I rewired and replaced the dist./ and rewired the MSD 6AL. I have spark but engine will not start. It dawned on me that since there is now no connection to tell the computer when to fire the injectors. Where do I get a signal [Assuming from MSD unit ] to do this and what pins do I feed the signal to on the old computer cable that came from the dist,?? Could I be lucky enough to just use the magnetic pickup signal that the MSD 6AL unit uses. It required removal of the 4 pin module from the dist. and the MSD unit uses this signal only. This is a "91" computer.
Interested in all comments.
Old 04-19-2014, 03:05 PM
The Bus
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did more research and found if I connect the tach output of the MSD to the purple wire with the white tracer from the old distributor that fed the computer the injectors do indeed fire and car runs. SWEET

Quick Reply: Need trigger for injectors