C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

400 sbc C4 builds owners/builders

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 10:55 AM
ghoastrider1
Le Mans Master

Received 265 Likes on 240 Posts

why not put a LS motor in it?
Old 04-18-2014, 11:42 AM
leesvet
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ghoastrider1
why not put a LS motor in it?
Same thing to me as buying performance.
Anybody can do that. The idea is to "build" performance. Create from what was less and make it more.

From an economic perspective the LS or some crate motor makes more sense. Corvettes have never been about making much sense....its about having fun and trying to accomplish something. The higher challenge the more fun it becomes...

Buying power is easy....Building it is a challenge. Getting to drive it is the goal knowing that YOU did it yourself, not some white coat wearing GM engineer that stamped out thousands of copies for sale just like that one you bought....mines one of a kind...I built it.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:33 PM
MavsAK
Melting Slicks

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by leesvet
Same thing to me as buying performance.
Anybody can do that. The idea is to "build" performance. Create from what was less and make it more.

From an economic perspective the LS or some crate motor makes more sense. Corvettes have never been about making much sense....its about having fun and trying to accomplish something. The higher challenge the more fun it becomes...

Buying power is easy....Building it is a challenge. Getting to drive it is the goal knowing that YOU did it yourself, not some white coat wearing GM engineer that stamped out thousands of copies for sale just like that one you bought....mines one of a kind...I built it.
Still quite abit of work to get an LS into a C4 man. I'm not doing it with my C4 (I hate wiring oh yes yes I do, and the C4 harness means lots and lots of wiring), but I'm definitely doing it with my Camaro.

Quick Reply: 400 sbc C4 builds owners/builders