C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

ASR/ABS light problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 06:28 PM
VeryUnoriginal
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ASR/ABS light problem

Hey guys,

I've recently had a problem where the ASR/ABS light would come on during hard acceleration or hard braking due to the fluid being a little low. I put a little bit of fluid back in the car and now both the lights are on no constantly. The Service Engine Soon light comes on after a little while. I pulled the codes and I'm getting;

Module 1: C12, H72 (H72 only showed up the very first time I pulled codes)
Module 4: H26
Module 9: H63

Any advice?
Old 04-16-2014, 01:51 PM
VeryUnoriginal
Drifting

bump
Old 04-17-2014, 02:00 PM
tombrammer
Pro

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

It looks like you have a 93 LT1. The FSM lists a DTC12 as service engine soon. DTC72 as gear selector switch. DTC 26 as Quad-Driver Module (QDM)#1 circuit. It looks like that DTC has something to do with the evap. canister and the air pump. DTC63 is a bank 2 (right side) O2 sensor failure. Hope that helps, let me know if I can get more info. for for you.
The H before a code means that it occurred in the past, try disconnecting the battery for around a min. then go for a drive and check again for codes, those may be irrelevant. The codes for the ABS/ASR are somewhere else, I forget where but I will try to find out where you get them, they don't show up with the ground wire connected to the diagnostic wire in the terminal for the code reader.

Last edited by tombrammer; 04-17-2014 at 02:04 PM.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:08 PM
VeryUnoriginal
Drifting

Originally Posted by tombrammer
It looks like you have a 93 LT1. The FSM lists a DTC12 as service engine soon. DTC72 as gear selector switch. DTC 26 as Quad-Driver Module (QDM)#1 circuit. It looks like that DTC has something to do with the evap. canister and the air pump. DTC63 is a bank 2 (right side) O2 sensor failure. Hope that helps, let me know if I can get more info. for for you.
The H before a code means that it occurred in the past, try disconnecting the battery for around a min. then go for a drive and check again for codes, those may be irrelevant. The codes for the ABS/ASR are somewhere else, I forget where but I will try to find out where you get them, they don't show up with the ground wire connected to the diagnostic wire in the terminal for the code reader.
Thanks! I must not be reading the FSM right, I had a hard time trying to figure out what the codes meant. I had more luck looking them up on the internet, but I still didn't find much useful info.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:49 AM
vinniemc
Racer

I sometimes have this problem and solved it by bleeding the brakes. Just adding fluid didn't work. It's actually starting to act up again so I think it's time for another bleed!
Old 04-18-2014, 09:26 AM
tombrammer
Pro

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

To find your ABS/ASR codes go to this web page; http://www.corvettephotographs.com/c4vettes/codes.htm. Scroll down to "ABS codes" and on down to the 93 vett, there you will see how to pull codes for the 93, they show up on the spedo. that should help you get started finding out where the computer tells you the problem is occurring.

Get notified of new replies

To ASR/ABS light problem

Quick Reply: ASR/ABS light problem