C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Targa Top Issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 04:55 PM
RWC112
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Targa Top Issue

Targa Top Issue
I bought a 1993 C-4 Coup LT1 the Targa Top is warped from the sun and I need to get a replacement or this one refurbished the Issue is as I drive down the road the top rattles in the two mount pins in the back of top is this the wrong top or will the top be ok with new lexan or Carbon fiber ??? can I replace the pins with correct one if that is the issue ?
Old 01-29-2014, 07:02 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Originally Posted by RWC112
Targa Top Issue
I bought a 1993 C-4 Coup LT1 the Targa Top is warped from the sun and I need to get a replacement or this one refurbished the Issue is as I drive down the road the top rattles in the two mount pins in the back of top is this the wrong top or will the top be ok with new lexan or Carbon fiber ??? can I replace the pins with correct one if that is the issue ?
You are aware that special Torx bolts go into the two rear mount pins...don't you??...and that is assuming that the guide pins are bolted correctly to the top and are tight.

If you get a refurbished top..or a new one...regardless if it is acrylic or the SMC top....be aware that it will require some time to correctly get it installed and PROPERLY ADJUSTED. They do not just right in.

Also...for what it is worth...WHEN INSTALLING THE TOP: Tighten the rear bolts FIRST.... then tighten the front windshield bolts. WHEN REMOVING THE TOP: Loosen the front bolts all the way FIRST..then the rear bolts. AND DO THIS ON LEVEL GROUND.

DUB
Old 01-30-2014, 12:32 PM
RWC112
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DUB
You are aware that special Torx bolts go into the two rear mount pins...don't you??...and that is assuming that the guide pins are bolted correctly to the top and are tight.

If you get a refurbished top..or a new one...regardless if it is acrylic or the SMC top....be aware that it will require some time to correctly get it installed and PROPERLY ADJUSTED. They do not just right in.

Also...for what it is worth...WHEN INSTALLING THE TOP: Tighten the rear bolts FIRST.... then tighten the front windshield bolts. WHEN REMOVING THE TOP: Loosen the front bolts all the way FIRST..then the rear bolts. AND DO THIS ON LEVEL GROUND.

DUB

OK I did not know I needed to adjust the rear pints or tighn them down they were lose when I bought the cat so I assumed the real just slid in then tightened the front thank you

Get notified of new replies

To Targa Top Issue

Quick Reply: Targa Top Issue