C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

SAC-CITY solves code 36.....Thank you!

Old 01-15-2014, 10:38 PM
don hall
Safety Car

Received 218 Likes on 172 Posts

Default SAC CITY CORVETTE solves code 36.....Thank you!

Diagnosed my code 36 per the FSM. After learning where the ignition 'test' connector was located, it was easy to test voltages to determine if the ECM, ground/wiring, or opti was causing the problem.

A reading of over 6 volts indicated a short to voltage on high resolution circuit from test connector to distributor (opti).

Being aware that most every opti ever made has failed at some point, some lasting 100K+ miles, some failing upon installation, I decided to opt for the Sac City Corvette opti made by Procomp. The price is certainly an incentive, but the selling point was that no user has posted a warranty return.

Ordered my opti from the Sac City Corvette site. My PayPal order confirmation did not indicate a tracking number. Sent an email to Sac City Corvette asking for a tracking number so I could coordinate the opti arrival with my installer. After a few failed attempts, Procomp finally confessed to Sac City Corvette that they were experiencing a system problem, and my opti was shipped a week after the order was placed.

Matthew and Christian expressed their regrets for this late shipment, although they had nothing to do with the situation. They even went so far as to provide a partial credit for my opti purchase, even though they were an innocent party,

My Procomp opti (Sac City Corvette) was installed today, and all is well.

Vette runs nicely...... no 'light'..... will provide an update, if warranted.

Last edited by don hall; 01-17-2014 at 03:16 PM.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:15 PM
don hall
Safety Car

Received 218 Likes on 172 Posts

FYI.... dismantled old opti (OEM with Mitsubishi optical sensor).

No corrosion evident until rotor removed, and the saucer-shaped
cover had severe rust both sides. No rust in other areas or components
of the the opti.

If the Mitsubishi optical sensor is of value to anyone (untested) it is FREE plus shipping.

No evidence of a leaking water pump.

Day 2 with Sac City Corvette opti..

Last edited by don hall; 01-17-2014 at 09:28 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SAC-CITY solves code 36.....Thank you!