C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

My VATS problems persist!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 04:59 PM
corvettenorway
Burning Brakes

Received 148 Likes on 94 Posts

Old 12-12-2013, 05:11 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,265 Likes on 2,027 Posts

Originally Posted by corvettenorway
YouTube link
That is of "no value" to the OP - OP mentions '88 car and the link you provide is of value to only '90+ cars with a CCM/BCM module. You actually did well likely in your first mentioned link but I believe it just needs to be explained a little more thoroughly to the OP and the OP maybe needs to explain maybe some of his "skill set". I'm interested in his location which I expect isn't the US and maybe there's a communication failure of sorts that's "no fault" of anyone. Let's see how he responds to my two questions.

Last edited by WVZR-1; 12-12-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Old 12-12-2013, 05:51 PM
markKlein
Melting Slicks

Received 105 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by vetteoz
Until he pulls the codes we will never know.
VATS takes out the starter and the injectors so he could have either

a VATS problem.( key reading , module , etc)

or have a starter problem and a engine fire up problem at the same time.
He doesn't have a starter problem, it cranks.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:18 AM
corvettenorway
Burning Brakes

Received 148 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by WVZR-1
That is of "no value" to the OP - OP mentions '88 car and the link you provide is of value to only '90+ cars with a CCM/BCM module. You actually did well likely in your first mentioned link but I believe it just needs to be explained a little more thoroughly to the OP and the OP maybe needs to explain maybe some of his "skill set". I'm interested in his location which I expect isn't the US and maybe there's a communication failure of sorts that's "no fault" of anyone. Let's see how he responds to my two questions.
okay my mistake, dont read the post good. http://www.corvettephotographs.com/c4vettes/codes.htm
Old 12-28-2013, 11:24 AM
mitcher
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=leesvet;1585651028]
Originally Posted by mitcher
So, let me insist: what should I do? Symptoms are already exposed.

what symptoms?
the list that indicates there is a serious fuel problem? either pressure of injectors? THAT symptom?
For the LAST time....YOU DO NOT HAVE A VATS PROBLEM.

Test the fuel pressure and look for bad filter/pump and or injectors. Ohms test inj hot and cold. Pressure leak down rate when off, Fuel pump REALY....You DO KNOW that IF your FPR has failed that you have to crank the starter for a long time to trigger the oil pressure switch that THEN gives power to the fuel pump? right?

Just because there are 60 minutes on the face of the clock, does NOT mean that VATS is involved. It generally takes about 5 minutes to go thru a drive thru. That is NOT VATS related. A good shower takes about 5 minutes. Mine runs out of hot water after 5 minutes,. VATS is not at fault. The guy standing there using the hot water IS. AGAIN, waiting a few minutes is NOT A SYMPTOM of a VATS problem !

What are the stored codes the ECM is displaying? You don't know...
I Forgot.

FWIW,
Just because you CAN start after a 5 minutes, in NO WAY indicates that VATS is involved ! Especially after the starter has been working ! damn !

Whats it gonna take?

You want to ask for help with this but refuse to accept what you are/have been told by everyone that's taken the time to respond !

If you already KNOW what the problem is, why are you asking anyone here?

I'd love the opportunity to help someone today, BUT this is starting to look like a troll-thread. You keep getting GOOD advice from knowledgeable people but reject it in favor of you GUESSING because you WANT it to be VATS or you just want to screw with people that genuinely wish to help you.
I wish you well in your quest for a VATS issue !

Like Mr Wonderful says.........
"I'm OUT !"

What should you do?
The 1st paragraph is a great place to start, IMO. Good Luck
I am sorry to disturb you, that was not my intention. My car has both the spark plugs (cables included) and the injectors replaced for new ones. The fuel pump sounds when I put the contact and seem to work. That is the reason why I thought that this is an electronic issue, but I will follow your advises and ignore VATS like cause of the problem.

I will try to read the error codes and let you know, ok? Again, my apologies and thank you for your time.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:28 AM
mitcher
Advanced

Originally Posted by WVZR-1
Where are you located? Do you have a FSM? Those two questions I'd guess need answered and the rest shouldn't be an issue.
Dear friend, I am locater in the EU (Spain). I bought some big red books related to my 88 Vette, I thing the ESM is included with a sheet about electrical issues. Am I right?
Old 12-28-2013, 11:31 AM
mitcher
Advanced

Dear friends, I am thinking that this issue started after replacing my injectors for a Bosch III ones.

If the problem comes from the new injectors, has it sense that when the car does not start, I must wait some minutes no matter how many attemps I do?

In any case, I will try to read the error codes and quote the result, thanks!

Quick Reply: My VATS problems persist!