C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Heated Seats

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 12:59 AM
locobob
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Heated Seats

Has anyone added aftermarket seat heaters to their C4? A friend of mine bought a kit for one of his cars and it works really well, feels great on your lower back. The kits are pretty simple - just a couple of thin heating pads that fit between the seat foam and covers. I have my interior torn apart for a couple of projects anyhow so I figure now is a good time to do it. The only difficulty I'm seeing is the wiring. I have existing unused terminals under each seat that are for the sport seat lumbar and side bolsters, I have base seats installed out of a 94+ though so these are unused... seems like they would be the perfect place to plug in..... except that they are always hot. I'm guessing that heated seats use a fair amount of power and it probably wouldn't take long before I ended up with a dead battery if I were to forget to turn them off. Ideas???
Old 10-24-2013, 05:02 PM
locobob
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

So I'm thinking maybe I could replace this connector with a relay and use the pink and black keyed acc. wire to turn on the relay which would then allow power to flow to the heating units from the orange (always hot) wire. Any electrically savy folks want to chime in? What would be a good relay to use? - space is kinda tight here so something flat would be good.

Quick Reply: Heated Seats