C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

IM BEGGING YOU PLEASE HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2002, 09:22 PM
LT5
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: IM BEGGING YOU PLEASE HELP! (yoslambo1@cs.com)

clogged exhaust/cat? :confused:

Few things will restrict your RPM range. You say it will not rev over 3000 rpm's right? You also state that it gets worse as it warms up? These are signs of a clogged cats. Turn your car on and feel the exhaust flow coming from the mufflers and if it feels like a cool whisper you have found your answer. Good luck.
Old 07-10-2002, 10:25 PM
LT5
Le Mans Master

Default Re: IM BEGGING YOU PLEASE HELP! (LT5FIRE)

Well?
Old 07-11-2002, 10:00 PM
GREEN40TH
6th Gear

Default Re: IM BEGGING YOU PLEASE HELP! (LT5FIRE)

Well, still trying to find the damn problem with the car. The cats were not clogged, the car actually had the catalyctic converters removed. So still nothing. Still the same problem, it actually got worse. I took it to one of the best mechanics in town which is a BMW shop. The guy said it is probably the Distributor cap or something. He thinks it got wet since it has been raining alot here lately. So I dropped it off today and we will see what happens. Thanks for all the help and I will keep you posted. If anything comes to mind let me know. Thanks again! :seeya
Old 07-11-2002, 10:37 PM
PeteL
Le Mans Master

Location: And on the fifth day, subpoenas were served to Obama senior staff
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: IM BEGGING YOU PLEASE HELP! (GREEN40TH)

Bad Opti? And you are taking it to a BMW guy? You would be better off at a dealer that knows what an opti is. This could get very expensive!
Old 07-11-2002, 11:45 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 238 Likes on 166 Posts

Default Re: IM BEGGING YOU PLEASE HELP! (PeteL)

Start the car at night with the hood open.
Look at the front of the engine.
If you get a light show, your plugs wires are bad.

That's what happened to me.
I replaced them and it ran fine.
Old 07-12-2002, 08:11 AM
edsalinas
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Contributor

Well, still trying to find the damn problem with the car. The cats were not clogged, the car actually had the catalyctic converters removed. So still nothing. Still the same problem, it actually got worse. I took it to one of the best mechanics in town which is a BMW shop. The guy said it is probably the Distributor cap or something. He thinks it got wet since it has been raining alot here lately. So I dropped it off today and we will see what happens. Thanks for all the help and I will keep you posted. If anything comes to mind let me know. Thanks again! :seeya

Wet opti? Not likely, would've dryed out by now! Been there . . . I'll buy it from you, wanna sell it ? ?

[Modified by edsalinas, 1:34 PM 7/12/2002]
Old 07-12-2002, 09:44 AM
markmaz
Safety Car

it really sounds like an ignition problem to me .
Old 07-12-2002, 10:22 AM
edsalinas
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Contributor
Default Re: IM BEGGING YOU PLEASE HELP! (markmaz)

What do you'all think of this guy? He "BEGS" for help, then ignores the help we offer! What's the point ? ? ? ?
Old 07-12-2002, 10:31 AM
nobodyunknown
Drifting

You still havent checked the fuel pressure,after running out of gas its got to be the pump,& not going over 3000 rpm says pump to me. :chevy
Old 07-12-2002, 11:03 AM
Bob Mosaic
Pro

Default Re: IM BEGGING YOU PLEASE HELP! (nobodyunknown)

You still havent checked the fuel pressure,after running out of gas its got to be the pump,& not going over 3000 rpm says pump to me. :chevy
Hmmm, I said this 4 million posts ago, and the guy didn't take the help. This is definetly growing old. Obviously it is time to move on from this, take the car to whomever you consider to be the "best" and let them start a post complaining of the same issues he is having with the car. Til then this post is like beating a dead horse.
Cheers,
Robert
Old 07-12-2002, 11:07 AM
edsalinas
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Contributor
Default Re: IM BEGGING YOU PLEASE HELP! (Bob Mosaic)

Hmmm, I said this 4 million posts ago, and the guy didn't take the help. This is definetly growing old. Obviously it is time to move on from this, take the car to whomever you consider to be the "best" and let them start a post complaining of the same issues he is having with the car. Til then this post is like beating a dead horse.
Cheers,
Robert

Old 07-12-2002, 09:59 PM
GREEN40TH
6th Gear

Default Re: IM BEGGING YOU PLEASE HELP! (Bob Mosaic)

Guys c'mon dont get mad at me, I told you all I am in a third world country, I took it to a BMW shop because it is my fathers shop and has one of the best mechanics in town that I can trust. I did check the fuel pressure and it is perfect, I have been taking all of your advice. I just forgot to post that I did. Sorry for not saying that sooner, I did get the computer module checked by a mom and pops store here because thats all that there is here, I cant bring it to a dealer because they dont know how to work on Corvettes here. There are only 6 Corvettes in Venezuela guys! And if I bring it to a dealer they will rack me up some Bullpoopie bill and steel parts from my car. I wish this car was in the states, I wouldnt have any more problems. Sorry for seeming to not take your advice but I did and still am. I just want to do ANYTHING to get the car fixed so please dont get pi$$ed at me. Thanks! :cheers:
Old 07-13-2002, 03:38 AM
Hendej
Pro

choke, die, pop, backfire after running out of gas - fuel pump or strainer

3 lights + nonsense trouble codes - computer

not related, except failing computer could cause fueling symptoms, considering AC anticipate isn't working properly.

Try disconnecting computer, spray WD40 on both connectors, reseat, see if any improvement.

Quick Reply: IM BEGGING YOU PLEASE HELP!