C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Restomod Corvette

Old 09-12-2013, 01:40 AM
Ghast
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Restomod Corvette

I was wondering if there was any way of updating the components to take up less space under the hood. IE; Smaller AC compressor that bolts in but takes less space, updated brake booster, smaller alternator using modern materials that has the same output but for less overall space. Consider this a brainstorming post for ways to bring the old '86 (4+3) into the 21st century.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:40 PM
0Heartland Customs
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine compartment...

You can go to hydroboost which will elimintate the big booster altogether and improve the braking.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:41 PM
Ghast
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds cool, where can I research about it?
Old 09-12-2013, 05:53 PM
hypntyz
Pro

Received 117 Likes on 49 Posts

WHat do you want to know? I retrofitted my denali with a hydroboost setup from an escalade.

IT consists of the booster, which replaces the stock vacuum booster, and hoses between the PS pump and booster. Now, I do not know about the technical requirements on the PS pump, or whether a stock corvette PS pump could run a hydroboost setup...you might have to also retrofit the original hydroboost pump from the truck application. The original PS pump on my denali was pretty much the same as the escalade save for one electrical connector, but you would need to have an idea of the pressure/flow specs of the two pumps to know if you can get by with your original or not.

The hydroboost boosters tend to be longer than the vacuum boosters, so it may make the MC stick out further toward the wheel than it currently does.

IF you did it, you would DEFINITELY have better braking...it is a WORLD of difference. Your brake pedal will feel rock solid.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:00 PM
Calderone
Le Mans Master

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

This sounds interesting, how many of you C4 owners have done this?
Old 09-12-2013, 06:44 PM
0Heartland Customs
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ghast
Sounds cool, where can I research about it?
Not sure if I'm allowed to mention an unsupported vendors name. Just search for Corvette hydroboost on the internet and you will find a lot of options.

Get notified of new replies

To Restomod Corvette

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Restomod Corvette