C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

84 cross fire to carburetor swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 10:42 AM
1977L48
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 84 cross fire to carburetor swap

ok, my friend has an 84 that the trans went out in, so we pulled engine and trans, he said he wanted to rebuild the engine, so he ordered a cam and carb intake, now my question, he dosent want to go back with cross fire, how hard is it to swap everything over, I already ordered the painless wiring lock up kit for the trans, but my main question is getting fuel to it, can I run a mechanical pump as a kind of a fuel pressure regulator? having the electric feed it? any input will be great, I know there are some die hard crossfire guys and I am sorry for posting that we are removing it, the good thing is I will be listing the crossfire stuff for sale on here shortly.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:22 PM
srayney
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check this link, I found it helpful. Also, the CFI does not use a high pressure fuel pump, therefore using the CFI pump should be no problem as stated in the following link. Thanks...Steve

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-t...to-a-carb.html
Old 09-06-2013, 07:23 PM
wilcar
Burning Brakes

Received 182 Likes on 162 Posts

No need to be sorry, it is your buds car and $$$$ so go for it. I would not run a mechanical pump, just use a Mallory 4309 fpr to lower fuel pressure to 6 psi. Use the existing 5/16" return line and the existing 3/8" line routed to the 4309 and you are good to go. I have pics of my carbed 84. Send me an email to docwilcar@Yahoo.com. and I will send to them to you.

Get notified of new replies

To 84 cross fire to carburetor swap

Quick Reply: 84 cross fire to carburetor swap