C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Code 32

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 11:44 AM
davewhtt
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Code 32

Just a little background 1st. Went on a 35 mile ride with my 93. Ran great 85 degree weather didnt use a/c had windows open. Car sat for 30 minutes when i started it i still had vent on and it had got pretty hot so i put a/c on. This is where it gets confusing. I got very hot air out of vents and an electrical smell not very strong i was on way out of parking lot and i shut off a/c , just in case this was the cause. Car ran ok for about 2 or 3 miles then the service engine light came on. The rest of the ride home i noticed a slight roughness now and then almost seemed that i was riding on rough pavement? Temp was about the same 198/201. I pulled code and it came up 32 (EGR) Ok would this cause the electrical smell? I was wondering about the EGR switch will that burn out? Dave
Old 09-06-2013, 07:19 AM
davewhtt
Pro

I was hoping someone out there would have an opinion on this?? Well i got a new EGR valve and relay. I had nothing to do this week end anyway. Looks like a tight fit getting the EGR valve out and in without removing other parts. Im hoping the electrical smell was the relay cooking and not something else. FSM says one or the other could cause the 32 code. Dave
Old 09-06-2013, 09:42 AM
Speedjester
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't answer you about the electrical smell... But the rough running with a code 32 I would say is normal... I had that issue myself one yr after coming out of storage.. Sometimes the egr for what ever reason jams up...clear the code..if it comes back you will need to address it..
Old 09-07-2013, 12:37 AM
higgyburners
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy
St. Jude Donor '15,'19

Nice Ruby David, I am dealing with the same 32 code problem on my Ruby, I did as speedjester mentioned and cleared the code and have not had the SYS light return. Keeping my fingers crossed
Old 09-09-2013, 07:21 AM
davewhtt
Pro

Took a sick day friday but not to sick to replace EGR valve and solonoid switch. Ran it most of the week end. Used a/c on and off tried to duplicate what happened and caused the code originally. So far so good! Now i just hope my boss didnt join this forum over the week end!
Old 09-10-2013, 02:20 AM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 342 Likes on 313 Posts

The EGR test is done during cruise. You need to maintain your speed for about 5 minutes to set the code. If you close the throttle it resets the timer, so even just backing off the throttle to slow down will reset it.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:46 AM
davewhtt
Pro

Didnt know i had to set it? Ive got about 50 miles on her since the work. Does it matter what speed i run for 5 minutes? Learn something new every day with these cars. Thanks Dave

Get notified of new replies

To Code 32

Quick Reply: Code 32