C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Ditching the Bose stereo?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 12:39 PM
95VETTEINMEMPHIS
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-11-'12-'13

Default Ditching the Bose stereo?????

Im thinking of taking out my Bose stereo and going with a JVC bluetooth unit. Should I or should I keep it stock?
Old 08-25-2013, 01:28 PM
rhinoevans
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking at going with a pioneer AVIC Z150 to give me Bluetooth and iPhone apps. Just keep stock parts and limit modification. I think very minimal mod to install.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:12 PM
xflagz51
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

NCRS judging would be the only reason to keep it, otherwise, ditch it! As previously stated, remove the Bose carefully and store it, next owner may want it. Those stereos weren't very good when they were new, so almost anything is is upgrade, especially with today's technology. Once you get the old speakers out of their boxes, visit a local car stereo shop and see what they recommend for insulation within the factory speaker cavities, that insulation as innocuous as it may seem, actually makes a big difference because the technology of that material has also increased by a quantum leap. Keep the factory speaker locations, factory speaker grills are also a nice touch. A small power amp to power the back speakers (6x9's pretty much drop right in) will fit very nicely either under or behind (down low, just above the vertical to horizontal transition) the passengers seat.

Get notified of new replies

To Ditching the Bose stereo?????

Quick Reply: Ditching the Bose stereo?????