C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Suspension reflection (thanks for the help)

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 08:11 PM
rithsleeper
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Suspension reflection (thanks for the help)

So I was at road Atlanta instructing all this weekend and after fixing the rear sway problem and then setting the FX3 shocks to full stiff it was alot of fun.

Then either my coil or Ignition control modual gave out in the heat and caused some real PITA but got it fixed late sat. Then sun morn first session out a GTR threw a rock right into my windshield!!! luckily they let me run it still.

But overall I'm inpressed. My body roll problem is solved. The new 32/24mm sways worked really well. The FHB/NYU springs felt pretty good too. I think I have some dialing with the shocks. When I hit certain bumps in the track there was some bounce. My shocks felt really stiff to my hands at full stiff. The Blistiens seem in good shape.

Anyone have any advice on how to set them better or will I eventually want to move to a different shock? I am definitely going to do my rear bushings now to make sure everything is completely squared away.

Id say overall the car doesn't feel faster in the corners but feels a heck of a lot more stable and controllable which I guess will lead to a safer lap. turn 12 still feels too bouncy to really rip at it. slight off camber down hill is intimidating for anyone but id love to be able to take it alot faster.

(I do have a 4 pt roll bar coming in from Exotic Muscle which should stiffen the chassis a bit too.)
Old 08-05-2013, 08:13 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,939 Posts

Send the FX3 for reprogramming. See my thread
Old 08-06-2013, 10:30 PM
rithsleeper
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

the fx3 system doesn't work on my car. 3 of the 4 gears are destroyed and I don't really want to pay a grand to send them off to get fixed when I'm sure there are other cheaper and better ways to fix them.

unless I am really under the impression they are more expensive to repair than I thought. I've already spent close to 500 on the springs, sways, and bushings. if I spend another 400 I should have just gone with a coil over setup by then....

ill look into it though.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:44 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,939 Posts

Originally Posted by rithsleeper
the fx3 system doesn't work on my car. 3 of the 4 gears are destroyed and I don't really want to pay a grand to send them off to get fixed when I'm sure there are other cheaper and better ways to fix them.

unless I am really under the impression they are more expensive to repair than I thought. I've already spent close to 500 on the springs, sways, and bushings. if I spend another 400 I should have just gone with a coil over setup by then....

ill look into it though.
http://www.captainzcnc.com/
Old 08-07-2013, 11:59 PM
Cyclonite
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rithsleeper
I met a guy at a track once who has the FX3 shocks but doesn't use the controller. Opens the hood and adjusts the front shocks right on the top of the shock. For the rear he had a small hole drilled through the interior panel above the shock and had a piece of rubber hose (about brake/fuel line size) attached to the top of the shocks, sticking through the hole. Looked funny with the two hoses sticking up but it worked!

Get notified of new replies

To Suspension reflection (thanks for the help)

Quick Reply: Suspension reflection (thanks for the help)