C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

aftermarket lt1 valve covers

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 09:35 PM
captboatwrench
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 3 Posts
Default aftermarket lt1 valve covers

can anyone recommend a good aftermarket brand that doesn't cost an arm and a leg
for a 92 lt1
Old 07-06-2013, 10:32 PM
leesvet
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

that's a good one...

I'd shop fleabay and/or the local speed shop bulletin boards for some decent used covers. All the sexy aluminum covers are big $$.

...in fact, some polished covers thrown in a set of heads if you pay cash!
Old 07-07-2013, 07:43 AM
93 ragtop
Le Mans Master

Received 96 Likes on 82 Posts

The only aftermarket valve covers I could find that would fit are the GM aftermarket ones. I have a picture of them in this post on my motor build. The valve covers are in part 39 http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-t...new-motor.html
The problem with aftermarket is getting them to clear the alternator. There are some listed on ebay that are notched for the alternator. The problem is, its for F bodys and the alternator is on the opposite side of the motor. The center bolt pattern is not exactly center so you cannot switch sides.
Back to using the ones above, you still have to grind the bearing mount on the rear of the alternator slightly to get it to clear. Other then that, they seem to work fine. Don't know about other hook ups such as vent lines etc. I went aftermarket with that as well.

Get notified of new replies

To aftermarket lt1 valve covers

Quick Reply: aftermarket lt1 valve covers