C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Infl Rest Light

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 11:18 AM
ken93vette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Infl Rest Light

93 Corvette Coupe
First, thank you to all who assisted with the diagnostics on my VATS key. It worked perfectly and I am now on the road again
I am now in the mode of fixing so decided to tackle the Infl Rest light which has been on for 1 year. It went on one month after receiving the car back from the paint shop. I checked all the connections. However, after reviewing some of the other posts I noticed that often it appears to be sensor related which could almost be understandable in this case as they had the car totally taken apart for painting.
1. How to check for a bad sensor code?
2. Where are they located on 93?
3. Does cleaning really work or need to replace?
4. Code reset, read previously for 90/91 that terminal K connected to drivers seat frame, when Infl Rest Flashes remove, 1001+1002+1003, reattached to seat frame and should have code 12. (Not to good with flashing code interpretation) will it show up on digital spedo that code number?
As always anyone's help is appreciated

I just checked, and i believe the light is flashing a code 26 which i believe is the passenger side sensor. I tried on the off hand to reset but i guess you have to do the work of trying to clean the sensor first. I looked around the front coolant reservoir bottle bet didn't see anything. Is it there or do you have to actually remove the bottle to find the sensor?

Last edited by ken93vette; 07-06-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:10 PM
ken93vette
Instructor

Does anyone know the exact location of the front passenger sensor on the frame. Not sure what to look for here?
Old 07-11-2013, 01:14 PM
ken93vette
Instructor

Bump

Get notified of new replies

To Infl Rest Light

Quick Reply: Infl Rest Light