C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Service Ride Control Lamp lit

Old 05-28-2013, 11:57 AM
Pearys Ruby
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service Ride Control Lamp lit

My '93 C4 has the "SERVICE RIDE CONTROL' LAMP lit. I referenced the shop manual and it refers me to ground the C Pin on the DLC connector. The manual says that the DLC CONNECTOR IS "On Bottom LH side of I/P. I removed the panels under the steering column but COULD NOT locate the DLC Connector. Where do I locate the DLC connector so I can read the codes? Please help. All responses appreciated. ART
Old 05-28-2013, 12:29 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 475 Likes on 422 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

The ALDL connector will be on the right side of the driver's side instrument panel where the left side of the console meets it. It does sit slightly forward of the bottom of the dash panes and may have a plastic cover on it. No need to remove the "hush panel".
Old 05-28-2013, 07:08 PM
Pearys Ruby
Intermediate

Thank you c4cruiser for your response. You refered to the ALDL connector, is that the same as the "DLC" connector? If it is the DLC connector then on page 6E-4 of the shop manual figure 2 (Book 2) does not show (TERMINAL C) which the SM says to ground in order to read the codes. Do I assume that terminal C is next to terminal B which would be the third terminal from the right on the DLC (ALDL) connector. I will try grounding the terminal next to the B and see what happens. Sorry to be a PEST but the shop manual leads you all over the place. Thank you for your help, ART
Old 05-28-2013, 08:07 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 475 Likes on 422 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

SRC error codes are read by using a paper clip or wire lead connected to pins A and C of the ALDL. Pin A (ground) is the right-most one on the upper row and C is two pins to the left.

The ALDL pinout looks like this:
FEDCBA
GHJKLM

I don't have a '93 manual and Book Two, page 6E-4 in my '92 manual doesn't deal with SRC at all. In the '92 FSM, all of the Selective Ride Control troubleshooting is in Book 1, Section 3G.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:17 PM
Pearys Ruby
Intermediate

Thanks again for your prompt reply. I had a feeling that the connector I was looking at was the one to use but my FSM figure did not show the terminal C next to terminal B. Tomorrow, Wednesday, I will try to retrieve some codes and post what I find. You were a GREAT help. ART
Old 05-29-2013, 07:52 PM
Pearys Ruby
Intermediate

I clipped terminal A and C together and received CODE DTC 2-2 which according to the FSM indicated a R/R timeout. The diagnostic chart indicates it could be the following: R/R SHOCK ABSORBER, DEFECTIVE ACTUATOR, or SRC MODULE. I will drive the car to see if the "SERVICE RIDE CONTROL' goes away. This may be awhile as other projects will take priority BUT, when I have more information I will post my findings. Thanks for the HELP. ART

Get notified of new replies

To Service Ride Control Lamp lit

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Service Ride Control Lamp lit