C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

A guestion for the A/C wiring experts...

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 04:57 PM
WW7
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 318 Posts

Default A guestion for the A/C wiring experts...

I just removed my whole a/c system and installed an (a/c delete pully kit) from TPIS..On first startup my fan came on and stayed on constantly.. I figured one of the plugs I disconnected was causing the fan to run, so I plugged them all in and unplugged them one at a time..I found that the small 2 prong switch ( Im guessing its a switch) when plugged back in made the fan stop running and act normal again..For now I unscrewed the switch from the tube,plugged it in and am letting it just hang there...My question is, what do I do to the wires so I can remove the switch and not have the fans run?..Do I just cut the wires and connect them together?..Thanks in advance....WW
Old 05-22-2013, 06:48 PM
SunCr
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

It's a normally closed switch so you simply connect the 2 wires to keep the circuit grounded and that will keep the a/c fan signal (an open circuit when the switch opens at about 230 psi) from reaching the ECM.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:26 PM
WW7
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by SunCr
It's a normally closed switch so you simply connect the 2 wires to keep the circuit grounded and that will keep the a/c fan signal (an open circuit when the switch opens at about 230 psi) from reaching the ECM.
SunCr , I should have known you would answer about a/c, your probably the most knowledgeable person on the CF when it comes to all aspects of the systems...Thanks for helping me out...Again.....WW

Last edited by WW7; 05-22-2013 at 08:29 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To A guestion for the A/C wiring experts...

Quick Reply: A guestion for the A/C wiring experts...