C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Interior lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 08:34 PM
Pingman326
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior lights

I noticed that when I open my car door,even at night, my interior lights don't come on. I read that the light sensor on the dash controls that function. Am I going in the right direction by starting there? The light come on when I turn them on from the dimmer switch.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:58 AM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 342 Likes on 313 Posts

The light sensor has nothing to do with the interior lights. It controls the brightness of the dashboard back lighting when the headlights are off.

The interior lights are controlled by the delay module, which is controlled by the pushbutton switches on the rear lower edge of the doors. The pushbutton gets stuck in the inward position and then the interior lights don't work. This is a very common problem. Lube the pushbuttons and that will fix the problem (unless the delay module is bad -- sometimes the transistor burns up).
Old 02-08-2013, 08:09 AM
89 Vett
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Also check your fuses and bulbs. I had a short in the passenger side interior floorboard light that caused all the interior lights to behave unpredictably.

Get notified of new replies

To Interior lights

Quick Reply: Interior lights