C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Starting Question 93 LT1

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 04:22 PM
ADHDVETTE
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting Question 93 LT1

I have what may seem like an odd question. I have a 93 LT1 Vette that when it starts after being hot, its hesitates a little but it does start. Also it makes a loud whine from the engine bay right after it starts. At first i thought fuel pump but i know that's normally from the rear. Most of my vettes are older than this one. I actually just got this one. has 90k miles and wanted some imput. FYI never had any of those issues when i test drove it (doesnt that figure)

Thanks,
Old 12-22-2012, 07:15 PM
1986coupe
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heat in the LT1 affects the coil and the ICM. Check the condition of the belt as it may be the source of the noise.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:55 PM
ADHDVETTE
Heel & Toe

The belt was replaced a month ago. Just odd. I am pretty mechanically inclined. Worked on all my cars for years. Its odd because event though this is fuel injected, if you give it a little gas when starting then it fires fine. But if not when its hot, its take some time. Kinda like starting my 78 cold but i know its not supposed to be that way.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:41 PM
pcolt94
Le Mans Master

Received 197 Likes on 172 Posts

I would start be checking to vacuum line for the FPR (fuel pressure regulator) to see if it is wet and has fuel in it. Pull up the plastic left engine cover and look to rear of engine. That would cause hard starting after shut down.

I can't comment on the loud whine. However, after starting the air pump usually starts and you may be hearing that??
Old 12-30-2012, 09:56 PM
ADHDVETTE
Heel & Toe

I am going to check on the FPR as soon as i get some time. How hard is that to mess with?

Get notified of new replies

To Starting Question 93 LT1

Quick Reply: Starting Question 93 LT1