C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

How To Repair your Range, Miles, etc, button assy

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 07:45 AM
Spharticus
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mcm95403
Just did this yesterday and it fixed all my problems!

A word of caution - the traces can lift easily if the holes aren't clear and you poke the leads for the new switches through.
Glad it worked out, and thanks for the tip!
Old 06-01-2013, 10:40 PM
kimmer
Le Mans Master

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts
C4 of the Year Finalist

Really cool, I replaced some tact switches a while back but it was on my front load washer.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:26 AM
daniel leonard
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default c4 information center 87 vette soft top manual tranny

hello vette people iam having an issue with this ,my voltage,fuel reading ,rpm, and speed are not showing on this center,only recently, started the cluster is showing temp, and 0il pres and temp but everything else is lite up it seems sudden this toke place, I had alternator problems and fixed , ground issue, is there another fuse for these specifically behind this led ,in the hanes edition I can see a 10 fuse beside the flasher, is that the posibles issue maybe, it seems unlikely that if the blubs for my problem are burnt out ,,only any suggestion my email is danomano1@hotmail.com hello from newfoundland , Canada
Old 11-09-2013, 04:25 PM
hollywood60383
2nd Gear

if you need to replace the bulbs for that i found them here worked great
http://www.autolumination.com/74.htm
Old 12-05-2013, 08:44 PM
jim95
Intermediate

My switches are working but I need to replace the bulbs.
I have been to my local chevy dealer and auto parts stores with no luck.
Do you know where I can get them?
Thanks Jim
Old 12-08-2013, 11:43 PM
hgoodwiniii
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by jim95
My switches are working but I need to replace the bulbs.
I have been to my local chevy dealer and auto parts stores with no luck.
Do you know where I can get them?
Thanks Jim
Hi all, great write-up. Any idea where to find the small bulb that lights the INST/AVER, ENG MET, RANGE and TRIP ODO buttons and the part number? The original one has a "F" and a "S" printed on the back. The casing is brown. Mine is burnt out.

My fuel reset and trip reset bulb works. I would like to replace it as well while I have the DIC out. Anyone know where to find it and the part number for it, as well? The casing on the original bulb is silver. The dash looks just looks really cool when everything is lit up. Thanks
Old 08-11-2014, 11:30 AM
MaSTeRofDZaSTeR
Drifting

Location: "Drive like Hell, you'll get there faster." Tucson AZ
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Spharticus
Haha... I don't trust throwing a 100+ shot of NOS on a motor and trans that has 185,000 miles on it.

lol Yeah......don't do that. I've seen some serious idiots posting what they did to their poor vettes some time back. NOS bottles + old worn out stock valves, pistons and rings = recipe for engine disaster. They were also blowin out trannies like they were goin out of style.
Old 11-20-2014, 02:02 AM
motorwiz
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default OR radio button issues

[QUOTE=Spharticus;1582661966]I had problems with this button assy. I couldn’t reset my oil change light, and some of the buttons ceased to function,
LOOK..Have you ever tried tuner cleaner ?
Now this is not always a foreshore fix, but has worked in the past on many of jobs and only takes A 3 SECOND BURST, a good can of electric contact cleaner, tuner cleaner or electric motor cleaner. WARNING do a test on plastic before you use it !!! there not all the same !!
OK case in point, the last one i did.. my fish'n budy came up to me with a new radio in hand on a sunday morn.. can you install this for me .. buddy ?
NO but for $20 bucks I can fix the one you have !.. now this is funny .. as i whent and got my can of tuner cleaner and with a 3 second spray , just ovr the front of the radio " i said that will be 20 bucks " he tried it and it worked perfect ! he insisted on paying me and took the new radio back for return. I graciously took the twenty dollars from him as he was in shock and awe. that's old school baby !
as the pool pump motor repair guy in Florida say's ... knowlage is the only thing you can take with you when you die, SO SPREAD IT AROUND !
LIKE ME FALLOW ME, TELL ME IF IT WORKED FOR YOU ?
Old 04-15-2015, 10:10 PM
crheinish
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did this last night and it worked great, your information is perfectly written. i replaced the bulbs in mine years ago with 12V bulbs from radio shack.

thank you!!
Old 02-16-2019, 10:57 AM
K.C.E.
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

By any chance do you remember what fuse number is associated with the Trip Monitor unit? All of my lights went out, so I assume it is a fuse; however, I do not see anything in the fuse box labels that seem to represent the Trip Monitor unit.

thx

kc

Quick Reply: How To Repair your Range, Miles, etc, button assy