C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Edelbrock tpi runners

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 08:33 PM
SRKLEGIN
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edelbrock tpi runners

Good evening,
Iwas wondering if any of you guys would have a set of Edelbrock 3865/3870 HIGH-FLO TPI runners for sale
Old 07-22-2018, 08:57 PM
SRKLEGIN
Cruising

Default Found

Originally Posted by SRKLEGIN
Good evening,
Iwas wondering if any of you guys would have a set of Edelbrock 3865/3870 HIGH-FLO TPI runners for sale
Found a set...paid dearly, but well worth it...
Old 07-22-2018, 09:29 PM
gman35
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Default thoughts

Found a set...paid dearly, but well worth it...
I was curious have you installed them yet? I have a set that have been ported to match the ported plemum I have and the Edelbrock high flow Base that I have. I have a BBK 52mm Throttle body to go with it all which is new. I hope one day to install it all.... just hate to mess with it since it runs good.I am wondering what kind of increase in performance to expect. thanks, gary
Old 07-22-2018, 09:35 PM
rrt898
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Runners

Originally Posted by gman35
I was curious have you installed them yet? I have a set that have been ported to match the ported plemum I have and the Edelbrock high flow Base that I have. I have a BBK 52mm Throttle body to go with it all which is new. I hope one day to install it all.... just hate to mess with it since it runs good.I am wondering what kind of increase in performance to expect. thanks, gary

I had the same set up. I actually had better performance with the Edelbrock intake and ported stock runners. My Edelbrock runners are in my basement wrapped up. My car is now a 355 so a lot has changed since then. In my opinion, the best upgrade for a L-98 is long tube headers with a free flow exhaust. That is where I would put my money if I had to do it over again.

Just my experience....
Old 07-23-2018, 09:24 PM
SRKLEGIN
Cruising

Originally Posted by gman35
A lot better flow... I also have the 52 MM throttle body from TPIS, which bypasses the coolant since I normally don't drive my car in the winter. I had to get the 4165 prom changed for the throttle body. I also have Edelbrock 60975 64cc Aluminum heads / 8-502-08 extreme street cam installed along with headers, 3" exhaust and double roller timing chain. She's got some nice power compared to the pony-less 305 that sits on my engine stand, purely since it's serial numbers matching. What prom is yours? OBD1 or OBD2? The bad thing about my set-up is that its a 1986...I am trying to make subtle changes to the engine, without blowing the eighties look. All and all I CAN notice an increase in horsepower and throttle response. The 3:73 gear change has really helped but I am running into speedometer gear issues and some sort of talstock gear which my programmer suggested WVZR6 for that part...guess he's part of this forum...
Old 07-23-2018, 09:25 PM
SRKLEGIN
Cruising

Tailstock...spelling error on previous post
Old 07-23-2018, 09:28 PM
SRKLEGIN
Cruising

A lot better flow... I also have the 52 MM throttle body from TPIS, which bypasses the coolant since I normally don't drive my car in the winter. I had to get the 4165 prom changed for the throttle body. I also have Edelbrock 60975 64cc Aluminum heads / 8-502-08 extreme street cam installed along with headers, 3" exhaust and double roller timing chain. She's got some nice power compared to the pony-less 305 that sits on my engine stand, purely since it's serial numbers matching. What prom is yours? OBD1 or OBD2? The bad thing about my set-up is that its a 1986...I am trying to make subtle changes to the engine, without blowing the eighties look. All and all I CAN notice an increase in horsepower and throttle response. The 3:73 gear change has really helped but I am running into speedometer gear issues and some sort of talstock gear which my programmer suggested WVZR6 for that part...guess he's part of this forum...
Just make sure that you read the Edelbrock instructions carefully. On mine, I had the runners that negated the additional injector for cold start. I sourced the bolts that Edelbrock calls out at www.boltdepot.com I ordered the washers, but they wouldn't clear the runner base and had no problem whatsoever with grip length
Old 07-23-2018, 09:55 PM
gman35
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Runners

Just make sure that you read the Edelbrock instructions carefully. On mine, I had the runners that negated the additional injector for cold start. I sourced the bolts that Edelbrock calls out at www.boltdepot.com I ordered the washers, but they wouldn't clear the runner base and had no problem whatsoever with grip length
I have already installed Hooker long tube ceramic coated headers with a cat by pass and turbo mufflers. It made a big improvement, I have a new set of roller lifters to do next. And I have all the ported intake stuff to do next, my C4 is a 1987 with the ninth injector and I still have the emission stuff all in tack... even the air pipes on the headers. I am thinking about gutting the air pump also. My plenum,intake and runners were all hogged out to match by a reputable port person on here.I would like to drop in a 383 or a 406 ci one day but I may never fufill that dream.

Get notified of new replies

To Edelbrock tpi runners

Quick Reply: Edelbrock tpi runners