C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Intake question

Old 12-05-2012, 01:24 AM
72MiuraSV
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Intake question

Hi, i'm trying to decide which intake system i want for my 95 LT1. So far I like the K&N set up with the cut away airbox. To be honest I don't really like how any of the cold air intake systems look but they probably do perform better because they draw the cool air from outside the engine bay. Although I don't drive my Corvette in the rain I do wonder how much dirt and debris these "cold air systems" are exposed to because of the location they are at, is the difference between a open box with high flow filter vs a Cold air system small or is it worth investing over $100 more for a cold air system? Thanks
Old 12-05-2012, 02:03 AM
lt4obsesses
Le Mans Master

Received 481 Likes on 261 Posts

I just took the protective cover off my intake and tilted the fins open a little bit more. Also have the K&N filter.

The SLP Claw is the other major CAI system for these, but from what I've heard, they don't really flow that much, if any better.

There was another one, forgot the name, that requires cutting the radiator shroud and the cone draws from under the car.

I have entertained the thought of getting an Airaid, or Blackwing made for the C6, and cutting the shroud to accomodate the steeper angle. But honestly, I really think that unless I were dealing with major displacement (396+) and higher flowing heads (300+ cfm), it would be a waste of time and money.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Intake question