C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Lower Intake Manifold Gasket Issue?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 01:22 PM
Ksolaas1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lower Intake Manifold Gasket Issue?

I recently took apart the top of my motor to have everything cleaned and powdercoated. When I went to reassemble to car I took the gasket set which was supposidly for my car (1987) but the lower intake manifold gaskets that go inbetween the head and the manifold were lacking the rear water ports. Where the rear water ports on the gasket only had a small hole in them which the ones I took off the car were wide open. Perhaps the lower manifold is off of a different year car? Any ideas?

thanks!
Old 11-27-2012, 01:30 PM
WW7
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 318 Posts

The manifold gaskets you have are the right ones for your car.. What probably happened is the previous owner, or their mechanic, used the wrong gaskets last time the manifold was replaced...I have an 89 which is the same motor and my gaskets have the blocked rear water passages just like yours..These were used to hold the water at the back of the heads for better cooling....WW

Here is the set of gaskets for our Corvettes , if you inlarge the pic and look at the intake gasket set you will see the rear holes are blocked off..

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/fe...model/corvette.

Last edited by WW7; 11-27-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:36 PM
Ksolaas1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

alright thanks a lot for the fast response!

Get notified of new replies

To Lower Intake Manifold Gasket Issue?

Quick Reply: Lower Intake Manifold Gasket Issue?