C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

tuner pro datalog help pls!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 05:00 AM
Ricky 91 vette
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default tuner pro datalog help pls!

hi, i let pcm for less tune my 91 coupe, i also have a moates ostrich and aldl cable, so the way its happening is that they e mail me the tune, i download it on the ostrich and datalog using tuner pro rt version 4 { v5 doesnt work on my loptop as v4} and then i export the session on csv and e mail it back to them, they fine tune it and e mail it back to me, we did that for like 4 times so far and the fuel trim looks better now and the BLMs too but now kelly from pcm is asking me to send her a raw file or a uni file and not csv so they can fine tune the WOT, i dont know what is that and how to get it out of tuner pro!!

can somebody gide me through that pls???
thanks
Old 11-17-2012, 07:41 AM
vetteoz
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Never saved a TP file but Datamaster uses the *.uni file asked for
Datamaster is free to download and lets you do 20 free logs before you have to buy

The 8D download for 90/91 TPI
http://www.mastertune.net/software/D...M-8D-setup.exe

Datamaster manual
http://www.mastertune.net/software/D...nual-Setup.exe

DM has a much more user friendly display for playback than TP
At the bottom you can select up to 4 inputs to graph against each other. much easier to see what
is happening than trying to decipher rows of numbers

Last edited by vetteoz; 11-20-2012 at 01:58 AM.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:48 AM
Ricky 91 vette
Racer

thank you vetteoz for your replay and help, i have datamaster already, and i have left like 14 or 13 records, the problem with data master is: it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every 5 or 4 seconds, this is my second computer and still the same thing while tuner pro works just fine using the same aldl cable!! i've tried to un install it and re install it again, but its still the same, but you showed me in ur replay where and which is the uni file, and i found it on my computer, its basically the file that stores the data log sessions, and i think thats what kelly wants, i found it in datamaster and then tuner pro, so i think kelly wants me to send her the file so she can open it in tuner pro!!! i'll try that and see what will happen... thanks a lot
Old 11-18-2012, 09:44 AM
Dominic Sorresso
Le Mans Master

Received 691 Likes on 425 Posts

Ricky,

What does PCM charge you for this? Is it each change?
Old 11-18-2012, 09:31 PM
vetteoz
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Ricky 91 vette
, the problem with data master is: it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every 5 or 4 seconds,
In the data acquisition section under ,
Options ,
Advanced ,
try disabling the CCM handshake and dash refresh.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:16 AM
Ricky 91 vette
Racer

Originally Posted by vetteoz
Options ,
Advanced ,
Ok I'll try that tomorrow , if it worked I will feel really bad for not asking this question long time ago!!!!!
Thanks a lot Vetteoz
Old 11-19-2012, 05:28 AM
Ricky 91 vette
Racer

Originally Posted by Dominic Sorresso
Ricky,

What does PCM charge you for this? Is it each change?
No , only one time charge and then they will never Leave you unless you are satisfied with the tune , with me i sent the chip back and forth couple times and then i figured why not use the moates kit I already bought 2 years ago ( when I thought tuning would be easy as doing head gasket ) so I suggested to them e mailing me the modified bin file and i would then I download it On the ostrich and datalog and e mail the datalog back to them !! that saved me a lot of shipping money and time, I think unless you do major change in your engine as cam for example, that's when they would charge you only $50 for re tuning it , they have a great customer service , Kelly responds to e mails very fast and the price is really reasonable
Old 11-19-2012, 05:07 PM
Ricky 91 vette
Racer

Options ,
Advanced ,
vetteoz, you are the man my friend, it did work!!!! thanks a lot for your help, i really appreciat it
Old 11-20-2012, 01:59 AM
vetteoz
Safety Car

vetteoz, you are the man my friend, it did work!!!! thanks a lot for your help, i really appreciat it

The datalog you record and save in Datamaster will be the uni file that Kelly is asking for
Old 11-20-2012, 03:55 AM
Ricky 91 vette
Racer

The datalog you record and save in Datamaster will be the uni file that Kelly is asking for
yup, and its actually saved in the computer it self, so i just needed to find it and e mail it to her, and she was happey that i did that and she will e mail me the fined tune tomorrow, by the way after finishing the 20 free datalogs, my brother told me that erasing the computer and installing the windows again and starting fresh will give me another 20 runs, he says softwares like these leaves a file in the computer as a mark that its been istalled there before so uninstalling the software and downloading it again will not help but erasing the computer would help!!!

thanks again
Old 11-20-2012, 06:23 AM
vetteoz
Safety Car

my brother told me that erasing the computer and installing the windows again and starting fresh will give me another 20 runs, he says softwares like these leaves a file in the computer as a mark that its been istalled there before so uninstalling the software and downloading it again will not help but erasing the computer would help!!!
Correct
Some programs can be reset after uninstalling by just deleting their file in the Windows registry but DM were very tricky and designed the program so you can't do it without a fresh Windows install

Get notified of new replies

To tuner pro datalog help pls!

Quick Reply: tuner pro datalog help pls!