C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

How to change plugs and wires [VIDEO]

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 11:15 PM
dogfish246
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Default How to change plugs and wires [VIDEO]

Hey guys,

I didnt find any how to videos on the plugs and wires and I know they are a pain to change so here is my contribution... This was one of the harder videos to make bc it was in such a tight area and hard to explain technique... But let me know what you think... I have to change the plugs and wires on my Vette so I can always make a new, better video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr2oFPfAg90

Old 10-30-2012, 11:55 PM
lt4obsesses
Le Mans Master

Received 481 Likes on 261 Posts

Good video, however I think that for those that have never attempted this, it would be really important for them to see replacement of the number 8 plug. As this is the one that may someone into a tizzy of frustration.

I have also found it alot easier to replace the drivers side wires if I go ahead and remove the A/C-alternator,(not the bracket) and the tensioner pulley. This gives a pretty much straight shot to the opti. Takes a little extra time, but well worth it in terms of vision and comfort. Noting that the wires must be thread in the gap behind the P/S pulley.

After doing this a couple of times, I can see why mechanics want to charge the "Corvette Tax".
Old 10-30-2012, 11:58 PM
dogfish246
Safety Car

Originally Posted by lt4obsesses
Good video, however I think that for those that have never attempted this, it would be really important for them to see replacement of the number 8 plug. As this is the one that may someone into a tizzy of frustration.

I have also found it alot easier to replace the drivers side wires if I go ahead and remove the A/C-alternator,(not the bracket) and the tensioner pulley. This gives a pretty much straight shot to the opti. Takes a little extra time, but well worth it in terms of vision and comfort. Noting that the wires must be thread in the gap behind the P/S pulley.

After doing this a couple of times, I can see why mechanics want to charge the "Corvette Tax".
Haha, thanks for the feedback! Is it really that easy to remove the A/C and Alternator? I had no trouble with any of the plugs so that is interesting you say that #8 was hard... hmmm interesting for sure!

Thanks again for the feedback!
Old 10-31-2012, 12:21 PM
GQ-ROD
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what kind of camera did you use to film this?
Old 10-31-2012, 01:28 PM
dogfish246
Safety Car

Originally Posted by GQ-ROD
what kind of camera did you use to film this?
Panasonic ts3... It is a waterproof "tough" camera... I really like and recommend it!
Old 10-31-2012, 04:28 PM
pmihaltian
Slingshot
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Well done, Dawg !
Old 10-31-2012, 06:50 PM
Drew
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That was a really cool Video.....Looks like those were your original wires being that they were numbered, not sure if those are still available or not....Thanks for posting...
Old 10-31-2012, 07:41 PM
dogfish246
Safety Car

Originally Posted by pmihaltian
Well done, Dawg !
Originally Posted by Drew
That was a really cool Video.....Looks like those were your original wires being that they were numbered, not sure if those are still available or not....Thanks for posting...

Thanks guys! Yea, they were probably originals! Hope the video at least helps a little!!!
Old 10-31-2012, 09:01 PM
kimmer
Le Mans Master

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts
C4 of the Year Finalist

Great job, I'm sure this will help a lot of members.

Get notified of new replies

To How to change plugs and wires [VIDEO]

Quick Reply: How to change plugs and wires [VIDEO]