C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

93 LT1 ECM crapping out?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 06:37 PM
zilla24
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all
I have a 1993 LT1 that is giving me a problem similar to what Fifty8bowty
is seeing on his. It runs great and then will just turn off. I pull over and wait a moment and it then starts right back up. I am a mostly a Harley mechanic but have some car expirence under my belt. Not sure where to start and looking for some assistance as it is a bit frustrating. HELP!!!

Last edited by zilla24; 12-19-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:53 PM
zilla24
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also see that I have the selection (green) indicator light on the climate control blinking and today when it shut off the LCD for the climate control went to a dash and line _ _____
and nothing worked. I turned the car off and re-started it and was back to a normal readout but still had the flashing light. I was looking back at some of the suggestions in this thread and I am going to try and locate the bundle of grounds and make sure they are all making good contact. Could the shuting off and the climate control be related?
Old 12-30-2012, 11:10 PM
93LT1
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So what's the verdict Fifty8bowty? Did you resolve the code 36 issue?

I'm experiencing a similar issue, that is getting a code 36. Prior to this error setting, I experienced some odd drivability issues. While driving in rain I noticed the vette was in a constant state of stalling with an enormous reduction of power. The next day it was fine. My thoughts are a defective Opti. But now I'm wondering if it's a loose ground connection or deteriorated wire insulators.
This forum is invaluable.

Originally Posted by Fifty8bowty
No actually just sitting at a stoplight it will kill, or running down the highway on a smooth road it will shutdown for just a second and then pick right back up again. It never dies completely at highway speed, only for a second or two.

Quick Reply: 93 LT1 ECM crapping out?