C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Where are drip seals at front of doors?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 01:32 PM
chrisd0729
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Where are drip seals at front of doors?

Can someone tell me and post a pic of where the drip seals are on the front of the doors? My floor pan and kick panel is wet after washing the car however, I don't see enough water coming in the weatherstrip to cause this. I'm wondering if the drip seals are clogged and backing up?

Thanks,

Last edited by chrisd0729; 02-06-2013 at 11:36 PM.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:19 PM
ProjectC4
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My 84 had a leak under the hood in board of where the hood latch is it was a small crack that had sealant in it but had opened up maybe when the car was hit before I bought it. I sealed it up with black RTV. That leak had me a little mystified, I cleaned out all the drains forward of the windshield first. But it was mostly wet up forward.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:32 PM
leesvet
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

I know the windshield trim has a complicated seal system to prevent water from entering there...I can see how it could leak...

The sash seals along the front edge of the door by the hinges might allow water to run down thru there.
I'm glad GM doesn't build submarines...Many vettes leak like crazy. Even opening a door when its wet outside sends water pouring in...

Get notified of new replies

To Where are drip seals at front of doors?

Quick Reply: Where are drip seals at front of doors?