C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Hooking Tender directly to the battery CTEK

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 10:33 AM
johnven
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hooking Tender directly to the battery CTEK

Just got a CTEK charger and the quick connect comfort charger. I spoke directly to CTEK and a few stereo shops. I have a kill switch (battery disconnect) to unhook the battery too. CTEK recommends you hook the eyelets directly to the battery with the quick connects. The Manuel that says to hook the Neg away is for the clamps.

By connecting directly to the battery you check and charge the battery even when unhooked. There is no fear of sparks because you have a permanent installation the actual connection is away from the battery. ( you should always do your connections before plugging it in anyways). Best way to connect the eyelets are with studs like these:

I hope this helps people and saves them some time.... I wanted the charger by the driver side because my garage is tight, so that's also a reason I went directly to the battery. But speaking with CTEK, the eyelet permanent hook up is best directly to the battery, especially if you have kill switch.

You can do the other hookups too, but these seemed the best way for me. Those with other body types may have better ways.

Good luck..

Quick Reply: Hooking Tender directly to the battery CTEK