C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Quick Question On Hook Up To Battery Stud for CTEK Charger Comfort Quick Hookup.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 08:01 AM
johnven
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Question On Hook Up To Battery Stud for CTEK Charger Comfort Quick Hookup.

sorry it may seem simple but I want avoid problems. I want to hook up the eyelets directly to the side Studs on a 1986 C4, do I just take out the stud and put the eyelet straight on the threads and tighten? will this way make the connection less to the battery or no effect at all ? Also with this eat up the eyelet? or should I get a Stud that has a connector spot on it to connect the eyelet? Any pictures or stud recommendations which that have the connection on it to use? Only saw one on line which does this but I'm sure there are allot, any one let me know where to get them and what type would be good.

I'm hooking up CTEK comfort indicator quick connect. spoke to CTEK and they say to hook this directly to the battery. (its not the clamps which the neg should not be hooked directly) Also I have a kill switch and this application lets me check and charge the battery even when the battery is unhooked.

Thank you so much for your help. Just trying to do it right. the studs are short and I just changed the positive last year, I bought the one from GM which has no connection on it.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:36 AM
johnven
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

found these to do the job.

Quick Reply: Quick Question On Hook Up To Battery Stud for CTEK Charger Comfort Quick Hookup.