C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

I sold my car tonight.......

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 08:12 PM
caddyboy84
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default I sold my car tonight.......

Well......I sold my Vette tonight and I really appreciate the help everyone gave me to help me get it together I've been debating leaving this toilet-bowl of a city for quite some time now and recently some happenings really cemented it for me. My advice to everybody would be STAY AWAY FROM NEW YORK CITY!!! PERIOD!!! I was born and raised in Brooklyn New York but this place isn't what it was then and has become a place I should've left about 10 years ago. This place is misery central and isn't the place to enjoy a Corvette convertible. Once again, I really want to thank everyone for all your help, without alot of help I recieved here, getting my car in the condition I did would've taken alot longer. Hopefully by this time next year, I'll be in Vegas with all my friends driving another beautiful Vette convertible and breaking everyone here's ***** for repair advice All the best to you all and may we speak again real soon.:ch eers::ch eers::ch eers:
Old 06-20-2012, 09:20 PM
kimmer
Le Mans Master

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts
C4 of the Year Finalist

Good luck.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:30 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Hope he made it around the block
Old 06-20-2012, 09:34 PM
JrRifleCoach
Team Owner

Location: Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
Received 640 Likes on 444 Posts
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Leaving NYC?

You now qualify as a "Yankee" instead of a "DamnYankee"

Good Luck Dood!
Old 06-20-2012, 10:01 PM
VetteMed
Le Mans Master

Received 215 Likes on 142 Posts

So you got out of Staten Island, good job. I did the same about 17 years ago. Haven't missed it once.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:16 PM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,541 Likes on 1,042 Posts

Good luck.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:05 AM
hitmanpty
Drifting

the best from panama.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:51 AM
vette40509
Burning Brakes

I left new Jersey in 1982 and never looked back!
Old 06-21-2012, 05:54 AM
desertmike1
Melting Slicks

Received 50 Likes on 49 Posts

don't be a stranger...good luck
Old 06-21-2012, 08:04 AM
Joe B.
Melting Slicks

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Viva Las Vegas. My vette is the primary reason that living under the "armpit", Chicago, (wife won't move) is bearable.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:27 AM
Midnight 85
Le Mans Master

Received 53 Likes on 31 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified

I can certainly understand getting out of that area, I used to have a job delivering new box vans and I was all through New York & New Jersey. No way would I ever want to live there, even as much as I hate Hellinois. Good Luck.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:23 AM
pcolt94
Le Mans Master

Received 197 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by caddyboy84
I was born and raised in Brooklyn New York but this place isn't what it was then and has become a place I should've left about 10 years ago. This place is misery central and isn't the place to enjoy a Corvette convertible.

Hopefully by this time next year, I'll be in Vegas with all my friends driving another beautiful Vette convertible and breaking everyone here's ***** for repair advice
I left L.I. in the mid 70s for Atlanta and did not look back. Did leave a few things I did not want to including family but could not stand the freezing rain and other things as well. At the time Atlanta was good for business opportunity at the time and a fun place.

Vegas is hot and sunny and is a different life style for sure.

You will have lots of time now to eyeball another vette. Best of luck.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:41 AM
mikeremax
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats and good luck
Old 06-21-2012, 11:59 AM
caddyboy84
Burning Brakes

Default God Bless....

Thank you all very much and forgive the times I've gotten a little disgunteled with people here, I didn't mean it, it's just this miserable environment has you perpetually tense and I've always had my mind elsewhere. The last straw came the other day when the "Crack Heads" who rent an apartment next door finally kicked the sleeping dog for the last time. We've (my brother and I ) have had our cars and property continuously vadelized and these people think it's ok for thier kids to use my $20,000 Mercedes in my driveway as a back-stop for stick-ball while they do drugs and get drunk in thier apartment. Well, "father of the year" got in my face in my front yard when I told his son and his friends to get off my property, so my brother and I BEAT THE LIVING **** OUT OF HIM!!! In typical New york fashion, we all got arrested. I'm going to Vegas to be with child-hood friends and to get my 31 state carry permit. The next time........There won't be any next time. Catch my drift

Last edited by caddyboy84; 06-21-2012 at 12:05 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:11 PM
caddyboy84
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
Hope he made it around the block
WHAAAAAT!?!? My car was mint I got 9grand, that's my Vegas start-up cash I really want A Farrari 308, it's always been a dream of mine, maybe I'll keep it a year, just to say I had it. Can't own anything nice like that in Staten Island, that's for sure.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:04 PM
pcolt94
Le Mans Master

Received 197 Likes on 172 Posts

Thank you all very much and forgive the times I've gotten a little disgunteled with people here, I didn't mean it, it's just this miserable environment has you perpetually tense and I've always had my mind elsewhere. The last straw came the other day when the "Crack Heads" who rent an apartment next door finally kicked the sleeping dog for the last time. We've (my brother and I ) have had our cars and property continuously vadelized and these people think it's ok for thier kids to use my $20,000 Mercedes in my driveway as a back-stop for stick-ball while they do drugs and get drunk in thier apartment. Well, "father of the year" got in my face in my front yard when I told his son and his friends to get off my property, so my brother and I BEAT THE LIVING **** OUT OF HIM!!! In typical New york fashion, we all got arrested. I'm going to Vegas to be with child-hood friends and to get my 31 state carry permit. The next time........There won't be any next time. Catch my drift
Who didn't get ripped off in NY as I did to but that happens everywhere. Seen a lot of things myself I did not need to. It's worse now than it was and not getting any better. You can't have a school yard fight without it going viral now days. But there are better and worse places to live in and you just have to pick the better places that your standard allows.

I do have a carry permit and do carry but you have to be more of the good guy and less of an aggressor for it's a big responsibility as you should Google "George Zimmerman" in Orlando is now in a world of hurt for defending himself out side of his home. Know and follow the rules set down as it is for only to save your life as a last resort.

I want to read about you in the Forum, not the newspapers.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:19 PM
Phat98
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JrRifleCoach
Leaving NYC?

You now qualify as a "Yankee" instead of a "DamnYankee"

Good Luck Dood!
The difference between a Damn Yankee and a GD Yankee?

A Damn Yankee won't go back home...a GD Yankee is one that moves in next door...

Best of luck to you, Caddyboy!

Get notified of new replies

To I sold my car tonight.......

Old 06-21-2012, 06:20 PM
VetteMed
Le Mans Master

Received 215 Likes on 142 Posts

I'm going to Vegas to be with child-hood friends and to get my 31 state carry permit. The next time........There won't be any next time. Catch my drift
Move to FL and you can carry in 36 states
Old 06-21-2012, 06:37 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Just givin ya a hard time about your McGuyver ideas . No harm

Similar spot as you looking to get some health issues nailed down before yrs end and leave L. A. and never go back

Took me almost 40 min to drive 8 mi across town today after getting my rearend fixed damn near scrapped with some thug whille walking across the street to get a sandwich.

Sometimes its good just to gtfo and start over somewhere else.

Youll come alive, watch....youll see a happier person you never knew existed. Leave while you can there is no perfect plan
Old 06-22-2012, 06:55 AM
caddyboy84
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
Just givin ya a hard time about your McGuyver ideas . No harm

Similar spot as you looking to get some health issues nailed down before yrs end and leave L. A. and never go back

Took me almost 40 min to drive 8 mi across town today after getting my rearend fixed damn near scrapped with some thug whille walking across the street to get a sandwich.

Sometimes its good just to gtfo and start over somewhere else.

Youll come alive, watch....youll see a happier person you never knew existed. Leave while you can there is no perfect plan
I feel ya brother. When it reaches around 2pm where I am, the traffic at almost every light is at least 6 city blocks long NO BS. I had it, there's nothing to do, nowhere to go, and there is an overly abundant population of low-lifes, drug addicts, freaks, ****** and so on. It goes back to Biblical times, cities are a hub of evil. Forbes Magizine rated New York City the 4th most miserable place to live and I feel really bad for the people living in the top 3 WOW!!! What's it like in those places!?! When I stood at My friends house last year in Vegas, I made a cup of coffee at around 8am and drank it on his back deck looking at the snow-capped mountains that were in his back yard.....PURE HEAVEN!!! I had enough, I want my life back, I want to un-do all the tension and misery this place filled me with. Why anyone would want to come to this God-forsaken place is beyond me, I guess birds of a feather. We were being tormented for years by these jealous miserable low-lifes, in New york your hated by everone who thinks you're doing better then them, it's so insane here that nobody would believe you if you told them the stories. I still believe that love and kindness exsists somewhere, but I know it's not here.

Quick Reply: I sold my car tonight.......